Stolen Sleds And Trailer In Blue River

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should all invest in those trail cameras that send pics through a satellite to your comuter or cell phone. put it in the trailer or on the outside, it takes some pics when they have it were they want it and they aren't wearing masks or anythin.?? just a thought. sorry to here about your sleds :nono: and trailer i sure hope you find them.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rig up a siren and battery in the trailer or on top in the middle where its out of site. Then hook a solenoid to the trailer plug that completes the circuit when the trailer plug gets unplugged.

A buddy wired it for me a few years ago when I had an enclosed trailer. Saved my stuff 4 (yes 4) times.

Thieves hate NOISE !:rant:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking, its got to be someone that lives close to where it was stolen and probably own a quonsit hut or building large enough to hide a trailer that size.

Pretty risky to have to tow it a distance.

Blue river guys, put your heads together on this one. Who fits the profile? Something like a chop shop. Too many thefts to be from to far away.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my guess is these are the same poeple/organiztion thats been stealing sleds from vale and blue river and mcbride. im sure this trailer headed its way towards prince george.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People always do this in hinesight, but maybe the best thing you can go is make your unit stand out. Put a decal or whatever on it, spray paint a happy face on it. Make it so you can ID it in 5 words or less. Make and models dont count when you run by it at a buck20.

All the big name places people ride have one big thing "TRUCK STOPS" Right after you report it goto one and ask every driver there to give a shout out for the rest of the day. You may not get them all to do it but trust me more will. They say you wanna spread news tell a women, it's BS tell a trucker. You can get word out for miles in minutes. As an add most scales and some rcmp listen to CB.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks guys, Matt give me a call when you get a chance.

Web Mobile

Reaction score
What makes me curious is where does this all go? Most of this stuff is registered, eg: trailer, etc. I know some gets reregistered, and registries does not pick it up? What a system. Feeling for you bro.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it possible that the greenies are stealing the sleds? The reason I ask is that there are so many stolen and so few ever turn up. The market for used parts isn't that big and I sure as heck would notice if 20 800R motors were up for sale.

I just can't figure out where all the sleds are going. I had a 800 rev stolen 2 years ago so I totally understand how frustrating it is, but I always wondered where the sled ended up.

JFedup

Reaction score
That totaly blows, I hope the culprits are found and punished:realmad:....by some sledders;)

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pisses me off to hear that sh!t happening! It happened to me 3 years ago, and we chased them and caught up to them! and got our stuff back, but like mentioned before they were heading to Prince George! Hope you get your stuff back I will keep my eyes and ears open!...Some really good ideas on here on how to prevent this sort of thing...wiring an alarm into your trailer circuit, and getting a hold of a trucker if it does get stolen!.:mad:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That pisses me off to hear that sh!t happening! It happened to me 3 years ago, and we chased them and caught up to them! and got our stuff back, but like mentioned before they were heading to Prince George! Hope you get your stuff back I will keep my eyes and ears open!...Some really good ideas on here on how to prevent this sort of thing...wiring an alarm into your trailer circuit, and getting a hold of a trucker if it does get stolen!.:mad:
geez, I don't know what I'd do if I caught the fugger. I am sure I would be in jail...and he would be in a care home... for the rest of his life, where he would think of what he did.
I am sure these guys just wander around the parking lots and find the easiest stuff to lift. I know of some who padlock the chains near the hooks, so it is difficult to unhook. Also remember to lock the receiver pin. Many forget that.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
northern bc or northern alberta is where it probly went.....these guys had all night to drive where ever they wanted, after that they will hide it for a copule months and sell the sleds to someone who allready knows there stolen. the trailer will turn up eventually (burned proabily) and I'd hate to say it but I'd dout you'll ever see ur sleds again. I would cry if someone stole my sled, i feel for u. there day will come!

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you put up the baricades somewhere in the bush and ill bring my komatsu 200 excavator out to bury them alive!! maybe we can squish one first and then bury them!! oops my inside voice talkin through the keyboard!!!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geez, I don't know what I'd do if I caught the fugger. I am sure I would be in jail...and he would be in a care home... for the rest of his life, where he would think of what he did.
I am sure these guys just wander around the parking lots and find the easiest stuff to lift. I know of some who padlock the chains near the hooks, so it is difficult to unhook. Also remember to lock the receiver pin. Many forget that.

They bailed out of the truck and made a run for it we were armed with a tire changing kit chased them on foot until they jumped in the creek in -15 weather that's were we stopped. So we took their truck and left them 14kms down a logging road, soaking wet! eventually the cops when down and found them....lol I wish I could have put the tire iron to the test!:d

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad to hear man, but ya most of this stuff goes to chop shops. I had a quad stolen a few years back, and the cops actually shut down a chop shop up by Red Deer. I got a call one day to go up to Red Deer and pick up my quad. After I paid a 280 dollar towing bill for it, lol. At least I got it back. I don't really know whats worse though, the f**kers that steal this stuff or the f**kers that buy the stolen stuff. Your trailer will be around somewhere. Somebody will buy it for cheap, then try and plate it as a home made trailer. I have heard of that before. Good luck man. I know the feeling, and it isn't a good one.:realmad:

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They bailed out of the truck and made a run for it we were armed with a tire changing kit chased them on foot until they jumped in the creek in -15 weather that's were we stopped. So we took their truck and left them 14kms down a logging road, soaking wet! eventually the cops when down and found them....lol I wish I could have put the tire iron to the test!:d

That is awesome I just wish they could all turn out like that!:d

skidont

Reaction score
Just got a call from the cops. 3 out of 4 sleds and the trailer were found around Merrit, BC. turns out they went sleding with them but one is still missing. probably blew up or smashed on the mountain somewhere.
Going to be doing things a little differently with the trailer now. lots of great idea's posted. thanks alot guys.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the cops. 3 out of 4 sleds and the trailer were found around Merrit, BC. turns out they went sleding with them but one is still missing. probably blew up or smashed on the mountain somewhere.
Going to be doing things a little differently with the trailer now. lots of great idea's posted. thanks alot guys.

Wow glad to hear you got them back.:d

Top Bottom