Stocks to watch

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A lot of people got caught up in the GME pump and dump, so don't feel alone. Kinda like the weed stocks again a couple days ago. Greed can get the best of anybody. There is always that what if factor. Also, for risky plays setting a Stop/Loss is your greatest friend.

First time rushed stock purchase. Should’ve let GME play it course to watch and learn but friends hyping me up ya live and learn.

I learnt with GME and ignored weed stocks. With so much market manipulation I didn’t know what to believe.

TD screwed me three times with “internal errors” and purchasing going through about $100 off of my set limit.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
had this fleeting thought buy $1000 at 10 cents it goes to Bitcoin territory at $50000, I make 500,000,000, lol.

Should’ve bought that anyways. You’d could’ve sold for 8.5x at its peak. I saw dodge at something like $0.20 and couldn’t figure out how to purchase. Oh well.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is 128 billion doge coins in circulation and it can inflate to infinity, kind of like the Canadian currency.

There will only every be 21 million bitcoin. even if you think bitcoin is crap, that is one of the features I like about it.

damn my plan is foiled :).

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should’ve bought that anyways. You’d could’ve sold for 8.5x at its peak. I saw dodge at something like $0.20 and couldn’t figure out how to purchase. Oh well.

How do you know where the peak is? Without the wisdom of hindsight?

Very rarely will you ever make a trade where you don't leave money on the table, that's just the way it is. I've been there lots, it's easy to look at a graph and think "shoulda, coulda, woulda".

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Very rarely will you ever make a trade where you don't leave money on the table, that's just the way it is. I've been there lots, it's easy to look at a graph and think "shoulda, coulda, woulda".

Never assumed you would’ve known. Was more so a thing to listen to your gut. I’m bad for not doing it myself. My post was more so a “possibility” post.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I read charts myself to look for supports and reistances.

But I read morning news releases, I also go back and look through prior company news releases for any catalysts like closing PP,.. warrants, share float, do they have a DA with another company

Here's a free one for you GHG - Global Hemp Group

Been in this one for awhile as well,. when you are done reading up on their NR, take a gander at this future possibility. Just some weekend reading for you guys.

Added,.. below links are only added in because it is a possibility. The USA changed allowed THC in hemp to <1% instead of .3% starting in March, so now more of a hemp crop can be used instead of the grower having to destroying it.

https://returntonow.net/2021/01/05/...re-powerful-than-lithium-scientists-discover/

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nn400731g

Last edited:

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never assumed you would’ve known. Was more so a thing to listen to your gut. I’m bad for not doing it myself. My post was more so a “possibility” post.

I totally hear you. There are other members on here reading these posts looking to get into the stock market. I'm just trying to make it clear that trading stocks isn't some get rich quick scheme, which seems to be the common topic on the internet these days, and trying to point out a few of the things I wish I had known when I started. It took me a full year to recover the money I lost my first month of trading. I'm not good by any means, but in my TFSA I've managed to achieve higher returns since Jan 1st than my mutual funds did in the last 3 years.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I totally hear you. There are other members on here reading these posts looking to get into the stock market. I'm just trying to make it clear that trading stocks isn't some get rich quick scheme, which seems to be the common topic on the internet these days, and trying to point out a few of the things I wish I had known when I started. It took me a full year to recover the money I lost my first month of trading. I'm not good by any means, but in my TFSA I've managed to achieve higher returns since Jan 1st than my mutual funds did in the last 3 years.

Also trading inside your TFSA, any losses you incur go against your contribution limit. For example, if you put $1000 into your TFSA and buy a stock, it goes down to $500 and you sell it,.. your TFSA contribution is still counted as $1000, you just lost $500 room.

But if you use a margin again doing the same thing, you can claim the $500 as capital losses for tax season, but you pay tax on anything you withdrawal.

I have 2 trading accounts,.. TFSA trading and RRSP trading

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a few bucks in GDNP, plan on holding for the long term. Me thinks with the looming single use plastics ban in Canada companies like these will rapidly pickup market share.

But what do I know...

I bought at $1.03, closed at $1.85 today. Up 80% in 2 weeks.

Bought back into AC this morning. The emergency airline loans/bailouts have started. Hoping it'll hit $24-25 in the next couple weeks.

But what do I know...

Sounds like the bailouts are closer to a reality. But I'm still up a measly 8% on this already.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the bailouts are closer to a reality. But I'm still up a measly 8% on this already.

One would think as the vaccine rolls out, travel restrictions are loosened, covid dissipates and the world gets back to normal, air travel should gain strength. I know analysts are betting on it. Entry into those stocks at this time is probably a rewarding bet. Getting in sooner than later should yield a nice return.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Drone Delivery and Ethereum are still green for today

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ebon have any legs or speculation?

Doubled in price since Thursday and volume is up 10x so there are some believers... As soon as a company puts out a news release that mentions bitcoin, crypto, blockchain etc. it gets attention but this isn't the first time it's seen over $10 so who knows.... This is where a lot of research and dry reading is needed.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah glad I didnt sell at 50g! A lot of big players getting into bitcoin now.

My monero has doubled in value this month as well.

Crypto has been doing well.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Yeah glad I didnt sell at 50g! A lot of big players getting into bitcoin now.

My monero has doubled in value this month as well.

Crypto has been doing well.

I'm going in on Evolve ETF when it starts trading.....

Top Bottom