stiff throttle

couchrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have quick cheap fix for 99 mxz 600 has very stiff throttle

Post your question in the snowmobile chat. Should have better luck there. I think cutting the springs will make it even stiffer but could be wrong.
Welcome to Snow and Mud!
Hope you enjoy.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have quick cheap fix for 99 mxz 600 has very stiff throttle

have the same sled same problem, i cut 2 rounds of the spring off, smoothed down the cut end. way easier, took another one off for a total of 3, much much better, lube the throttle cable with wd 40 to remove any moisture and dirt. no more sore thumb after a half hr of riding.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post your question in the snowmobile chat. Should have better luck there. I think cutting the springs will make it even stiffer but could be wrong.
Welcome to Snow and Mud!
Hope you enjoy.

no, makes it easier,

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Like they said above, welcome. Answer to your question is like they said above.... Cut 2 coils off the springs and there used to be a graduated throttle lever available from ski-doo(riverside ski-doo should know), that allowed a very easy first part of the pull, then got to normal the further it was depressed. Bought mine from riverside quite a few years ago, but they might still have them, or at least know where you can get them. Worked awesome

Top Bottom