Stewart bc

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response, been playing catch up at work since getting back.

Well, what can be said for our trip????? Stewart, B.C. just ruined mountain sledding for me cause riding else where now seems pointless LOL. The areas are huge, the snow is deep, the people are unbelivable. Sorry for not stopping by the mine to say hello.

The only bad part of the trip was the duche customs guy working the boarder the first day, it was more funny than bad though. Something to do with being parked at the Glacier Inn too long getting Hyderized!

I will post more when I get the chance.

told ya you'd love it there! stewy and hyder is siiiiiiiick:beer:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the spring riding in stewart. Will be there May 16 for a week cant wait. Hit the mountain around 1 pm and sled till 10 pm now thats an awesome day :d Probally gonna camp up there this yr, havent done that for a few yrs, so much nicer than travelling the mine road every day. Glad you guys had a great trip. Them border patrol homo's take there job way too seriously, had a huge run in with them about 4 yrs ago :nono: Was the big talk of the town for a few days lmao....

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the spring riding in stewart. Will be there May 16 for a week cant wait. Hit the mountain around 1 pm and sled till 10 pm now thats an awesome day :d Probally gonna camp up there this yr, havent done that for a few yrs, so much nicer than travelling the mine road every day. Glad you guys had a great trip. Them border patrol homo's take there job way too seriously, had a huge run in with them about 4 yrs ago :nono: Was the big talk of the town for a few days lmao....

had the same problem with the border patrol! I went there with my brand new Denali it had like 600kms on it when we left that way. and this sawed off little Jap that could barely speek english drove his knee into the side of my brand new seats! I lost it on him! ya we were talked about for a few days too!

jtilley

Reaction score
I will be up there on the 5th , I read earlier that there is a trail pass now? How do I gets me one?

Awesome pic's man!!

How far can you drive up the trail??

Can someone tell Kajo's to have lots of rum???

lol Thanks in advance!!:d:beer:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be up there on the 5th , I read earlier that there is a trail pass now? How do I gets me one?

Awesome pic's man!!

If you have a sled deck, use it. Trailering up is not good.

The road is plowed out up to and past the mine. Once past the mine a trailer will be a major hassle. The roads that are plowed will get you right up to the alpine. When we were there one group that had trailers just left thier sleds up there at night so they did not have to bother hauling the trailers back and forth.

Here is a little video of the trail up

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkDDsQo354[/YT]

Last edited:

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years since we were there but the experience was awesome. Great people Great food (crab legs at King Edward will make u want to go back forsure / 16 hours from Edm). Rode roughly 80-100 miles per day & the scenery was spectacular. Watch the open crevis though almost had a bit of a episode but that was second week of may.

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com

Awesome pic's man!!

You can get a pass or membership from me, pass is $25.00, membership is $50.00. Our club survives only by out of town memberships and donations, we only have a handfull of local riders. We dont have someone at the trailhead, because there is usually nobody sledding except the few out of towners that come here. We really need to sell some memberships, its the worst year we have had. I normally hit everyone up, but I havent been on the mountain much this year. I will come personally, or send someone to where you are staying, call me (250-636-9094), you can pop in at the mine (you will see it), or ask the guy with the red and green hat at the bar who is drinking whiskey to hook you up if you want to help, or donations are accepted on our website by credit or debit card www.bordertownsnowbombers.com . Thats my speel.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is another video I've uploaded to Youtube.:)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S8yLPP3DMc[/YT]

Last edited:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More Videos
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hrhFl5YwE4[/YT]
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrL8qpmjAtM[/YT]
:beer::beer:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wont be long now. Starting too get things ready for Stewart. Will be there May 16 th. Anyone else gonna be up there for May long weekend ??

Top Bottom