Stewart bc

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am looking for some info for stewart. What the snow conditions are like at this time of year. I looked at the weather forcast and it shows lots of rain. Any info would be great.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have looked there. They never up date anything. Tryed pm a few guys and never get any replys.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will have a great time there. We usually go there for May long wknd. Been going there for about 10 yrs now. Helgy is a great guy too know when you are up there if you have any problems. You wont be dissapointed with Stewart. :d:beer:

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
Todays weather forecast from Welcome to avalanche.ca

Tonight and Wednesday: Periods of snow; coastal areas could see 30-40cm, and inland areas will likely be half that. Freezing level around 1000m and winds are strong from the southwest. Thursday: Snow continues; 20cm near the coast, 5-10 inland. Freezing level around 1100m. Winds are moderate to strong from the west. Friday: Periods of snow; 5-15cm. Freezing level around 1100m.

Last edited:

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
It was at the bottom of the upstairs window, but its not a good place to gauge snowpack, it gets wind there. I can see snowline in the trees just above camp as I looked out the window just now. There have been less people here than I have ever seen this year. Good for fresh, but bad for memberships.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was at the bottom of the upstairs window, but its not a good place to gauge snowpack, it gets wind there. I can see snowline in the trees just above camp as I looked out the window just now. There have been less people here than I have ever seen this year. Good for fresh, but bad for memberships.

I am counting down the days and cannot wait to get up there.
Once there, where do we purchase our memberships/trailpasses?

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Colin. How's it going. Daryl said you guys are plowing the road ? Just wondering if so we might bring the holiday trailers this yr if there is a place too camp at up there :d:beer:

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its very easy, let me know where you are staying and I will bring the book over, or we meet for the beverage of your choice.

we will be at the king edward. Should be there some time on the 16. You may even know one the guys that is coming up with us. He has been going there for around five years. Every april. Anyway cant wait to get up there and meet you and do some sleding:beer:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Helgy, hows about one more update on conditions. We leave Friday morning.:ThumbsupMsn:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how was it?

Sorry for the delayed response, been playing catch up at work since getting back.

Well, what can be said for our trip????? Stewart, B.C. just ruined mountain sledding for me cause riding else where now seems pointless LOL. The areas are huge, the snow is deep, the people are unbelivable. Sorry for not stopping by the mine to say hello.

The only bad part of the trip was the duche customs guy working the boarder the first day, it was more funny than bad though. Something to do with being parked at the Glacier Inn too long getting Hyderized!

I will post more when I get the chance.

Attachments

• P4170354.jpg
    P4170354.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 215
  • P4180372.jpg
    P4180372.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 215
Top Bottom