Steering post

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey looking for a new steering post and just wondering whats out there for aftermarket .I keep bending them and am on the 3rd one on my 2010 , are there any shorter ones so there isnt so much unsupported post sticking up or even a hardened one .... i was thinking about pouring something like a fibre glass resin in it to stiffen it up but i dont know if that would help much !!!

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have the adjustable setup, ditch it in favor of the solid t top and use adjustable risers.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a stock non adjustable one off an 09 M8 std for sale.

wildchild

Reaction score
Canadasledparts also makes a 4130 post that you can run the stock cat adjustable riser on. Then you still have the ability to adjust your bar height.

Mayfly

Reaction score
I have wildchilds steering post with 3" longer than stock. Its better than stock and have yet to bend it, should have went stock height and add riser, but excellent nonetheless.

snowbuster

Reaction score
x2 on the wildchild chromoly post, I have hit it hard enough to turn my thigh black and blue and it didn't bend, far better than the stock adjustable unit. I went 2" higher than the lowest adjustable position then added a 1" riser to dial it in.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would use the CanadaSledParts steering post overanythingelse out there.When you do replace it I would also look into his steering post support bracket.I have cracked a few bulkheads ans tunnels at this point.
Since installing Wildchilds steering post bracket I have not had any cracking in either one of my Cats.
Canada sled parts.com

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the info guys seems the general consensus seems to be wild child post so im going to order the wildchild as well as the support bracket

Top Bottom