Stay in Alberta or move to BC?

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only places I would check out would be outside Salmon Arm , Coldstream, Lake Country, and Summerland

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I moved to Salmon Arm in the 90's and still love it here. There is so much stuff to do here. Take sledding for example. 10 different groomed sledding areas in a one hour radius. Amazing areas for quading or dirt biking. The lake is great in the summer. Fishing and camping at all the mountain lakes. Skiing and snowboarding, 2 great hills, Sunpeaks or Silverstar. River rafting or tubing in the summer. Gold panning. Horse riding, what did I miss, ... Did I mention sledding..lol So did I convince you yet?

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved to Salmon Arm in the 90's and still love it here. There is so much stuff to do here. Take sledding for example. 10 different groomed sledding areas in a one hour radius. Amazing areas for quading or dirt biking. The lake is great in the summer. Fishing and camping at all the mountain lakes. Skiing and snowboarding, 2 great hills, Sunpeaks or Silverstar. River rafting or tubing in the summer. Gold panning. Horse riding, what did I miss, ... Did I mention sledding..lol So did I convince you yet?

LOL Oh you dont have to convince ME to move there!! I am there half the summer. I have all the real estate listings sent to me daily!!! LOL Its my fav place. The brother in law still lives there so it would help me to meet people. You going to Sturgis North? :p

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Emmaa: Cranbrook Airport is a good/best for the Kookneys option, many good places to live close by, think of your "bread winner" he needs a reliable ride to work and back, first and foremost. Just sayin

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaaa I knooooow thats the absolute logical thing to do........I just hate Cranbrook and that whole area. I would rather just move to Bragg Creek area and drive the 4 hours to Salmon Arm.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I got a bud who did the AB BC trip for work all the time. He ended up moving the family to AB so he was closer to work. After 6 years of boring flat AB he had to move back. Winter driving through the passes suck tho. This last january he spent 23 hours getting home when it should have taken 7. That was a drive from edson to Clearwater. Now they have bought a place in innisfail.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet emma you can't find a sitter here how you gonna find one who isn't stoned in bc. :d

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
LOL Oh you dont have to convince ME to move there!! I am there half the summer. I have all the real estate listings sent to me daily!!! LOL Its my fav place. The brother in law still lives there so it would help me to meet people. You going to Sturgis North? :p

Sturgis North? I guess I'll go but I don't have a bike......Oh, but I have my old peddle bike that my wife gave to me a number of years ago, (the "exercise program" and I did ride it once). Supposed to be a big thing, lot's of bikes.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sturgis North? I guess I'll go but I don't have a bike......Oh, but I have my old peddle bike that my wife gave to me a number of years ago, (the "exercise program" and I did ride it once). Supposed to be a big thing, lot's of bikes.

Ya I think I'm gonna head over for it. I dont have a bike yet either, but the beer gardens and concerts should still be fun....plus it'll give me a chance to wear my chaps without people starring! Haha

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I'm gonna head over for it. I dont have a bike yet either, but the beer gardens and concerts should still be fun....plus it'll give me a chance to wear my chaps without people starring! Haha

ya got spurs too pardner? :beer:

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think more..... leather and a thong Imdoo'n ;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hold the line, i'll get the binoc's yah just across the river, right about there. shheeet turn the light back on , shheeet. i think i broke something?:d

shheeet emma that hurt.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hold the line, i'll get the binoc's yah just across the river, right about there. shheeet turn the light back on , shheeet. i think i broke something?:d

shheeet emma that hurt.

tsk tsk you always forget that I have my telescope out and can see you lookin at me lokin at you lookin at me.............

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahhahah walked right into that one!! :beer:

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You won't have a problem finding a sitter. :nopics:
The best thing my parents ever did for me was move from Edmonton to Kelowna when I was 6. I go back there to see relatives and I'm homesick in less than 24 hours. People talk about there being so much money in Alberta, OK, in the oil fields but where else? IMO southern BC is one of the most beautiful, versatile places on the planet. You couldn't pay me any amount of money to leave here.....Ok well maybe there is an amount but no one would ever offer me that much.:d:beer:

Top Bottom