Starting sled for the first time this season

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I went to install an test my tether on my 2011 assault it took a few more pulls to start it and it puked a good amount of oil out of the exhaust after it started.. It has about 1700 miles on it an the motor is completely stock other than a can.. Doesn't seen normal to me lol just curious what is causing it and what I need to do

Sent from a phone.. From a bush

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Did you fog it or did you just put it away and start it now?..if you're only starting it now after a couple of months then the fule at the bottem of the tank is dirty and the oil so it will smoke more and be dirtier..it would be good to put new gas in it or just fill the tank and the same for oil..remeber too a can has less back presure so it will shoot more oil out and gas just like a car would...

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I didn't fog it.. Completely forgot to be honest.. And yah I didn't bother putting any new fuel or oil in it since I was just testing the tether.. Good to know.. Thanks for the reply

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ,
I had the same thing happen also but when it got
all warmed up it seemed to smoke alot less
i have only 1 liter of gas in my tank from last year
and I am sure it's gone bad
i bought that cheap flow and go gas pump
from Canadian tire and pumped out all the fuel out
of my sleds in no time , well worth the money as its so
eazy now to dump ,and I bured it all in the lawn mower

I am thinking of trying that new 94 octane gas at
petro Canada and see if it will cause hiccups in the engine
like the other 92 their ,
I had to change to shell gold only to get rid of it
but one thing that screws me up is I ran petro 92
in my sled (2011 assualt) for like 300 k be fore it started to
hicup and made me switch to shell only

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In guessing that 94 octane from petro can is gonna have ethanol in it.. I have never had trouble with the shell v power.. Always ran good on it

R

Ryan Verrecchia

no the 94 from petro doesn't have ethanol in it or it would say....I just use ultramar always worked form me I have half a tank of gas going to fill it up with new gas and that will be good...and oil I got less than half so same for that..That has worked for me with no problems....oh and every month I start it up for about a minute..

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the petro 94 has ethenal in it ??
thats how they get it up to 94 with alcohol
Yes / no ?????

R

Ryan Verrecchia

well just found out that it does have some in it 5%-10%......now we all know lol..here is some info from the web site...

1. Does Ultra 94 contain ethanol? Does Petro-Canada still offer an ethanol-free gasoline?
    Ultra 94 contains ethanol. Due to the fact that various fuel grades are blended at the point of sale, most grades of Petro-Canada fuel may now contain up to 10% ethanol. This represents a change from the previous state, where premium fuel was ethanol-free at Petro-Canada.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully shell keeps it ethanol free.. Only place that I really know of right now that still is

R

Ryan Verrecchia

yup....or going to do a propane gas conversion....some how

Top Bottom