Starting issues on 2013 pro

sorsy

Reaction score
hey guys...just got back from fernie last night....got in late decided to unload the sled in the morning. Took it to the shop to put it in the heat and thaw it out. Pull the cord once...nothing like it always does when it is cold...pull agian fires up but will not stay at an idle...stalls....pull 4 more times nothing....pull agian this time giving a little throttle to keep it runnung runs good let of the throttle just about dies...lights and everything blinking on and off on the tach...rev it up agian to about 3000 rpm hold there for 10 seconds then idles fine...sled only has 170 miles on it...any thoughts?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys...just got back from fernie last night....got in late decided to unload the sled in the morning. Took it to the shop to put it in the heat and thaw it out. Pull the cord once...nothing like it always does when it is cold...pull agian fires up but will not stay at an idle...stalls....pull 4 more times nothing....pull agian this time giving a little throttle to keep it runnung runs good let of the throttle just about dies...lights and everything blinking on and off on the tach...rev it up agian to about 3000 rpm hold there for 10 seconds then idles fine...sled only has 170 miles on it...any thoughts?

Take it to your dealer?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If it was a Dragon, I would say..... voltage reg, as mine did the same thing. (thanks to a lot of help from this site, for diagonsing{sp} it)
X2 with snopro.... take it to the dealer.

sorsy

Reaction score
So I let the pro sit in the heated shop for 24 hrs pulled the cord and she fired and idled no problem....So I don't know if I just had some ice inbehind the throttle safety switch or in some other electical stuff....got her loaded in the back of the truck let her sit outside over night and see how she starts in the morning i guess.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This happened to a buddy of mine XP last year. Except it happened on the hill. We were in some really deep snow, and we were taking a break, went to start up his sled, wouldn't go. Throttle was stuck slightly on because of snow packed in there. When we towed it back down to the truck, the temp had dropped enough that it melted and it started right up. The Pro also has this issue with the brake light. Snow gets in there and the brake light comes on, thinking the brake is on, but it's just packed with snow.

Top Bottom