Starlink

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless it has changed, you have to use the starlink router and then but an adapter to add in a router. I have the adapter. Haven't tried my own router yet

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you all just using the Starlink Router, or has anyone paired it with a different style of router?
I use a deco mesh router, works better than the starlink (1st gen dish). 2nd gen dish requires a cable from them.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t waist my time looking at speed tests.

My Starlink just works! Been 2 years🤟🍺

Anybody know how to do port forwarding with a Starlink?

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Added my own router in. Just rebooted 5 minutes ago and I'm doing 150. I'll take it.

Screenshot_20230411_122102_Speedtest.jpg

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lied. I must be throttled or something. Right back down to 20mb/s 10 minutes after the reboot and adding in a router

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you all just using the Starlink Router, or has anyone paired it with a different style of router?

I have the starlink router and my old router hooked up. I have a bridge system for some out buildings and a few other wifi operated devices on the old router still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowderStew

Reaction score
I am going to order the system but am wondering if you can get an extension cable to make the cable to the dish longer. It comes with 50 ft cable and that may be a bit short. I looked on the site but can't find anything.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to order the system but am wondering if you can get an extension cable to make the cable to the dish longer. It comes with 50 ft cable and that may be a bit short. I looked on the site but can't find anything.
You can order a 75ft i believe.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lied. I must be throttled or something. Right back down to 20mb/s 10 minutes after the reboot and adding in a router
Is your service residential or best effort? I think the RV package is also best effort speeds.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Residential
any of your neighbors have it? ask them their speeds?

I've got at least 2 neighbors with the Star Link dishes that I can see, if I have issues I'll go meet the neighbors and ask them questions.

My kit is supposed to be delivered today.

Timely that my new laptop shipped last night as well.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wrote them a letter yesterday and I've been 100+ now for 12 hours. Maybe it's just timing but I was under 40 for almost a week

Top Bottom