Starlink

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our line of sight internet was down for 2 days this week. Im sick and tired of paying $100 for 7mbps internet so I placed a starlink order. Got a email the next day saying we should have our starlink on Tuesday. Less than 5 business days. .

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any idea how far from your service address will starllink work? We have a residential address that shows when I type it in but have a place 30 km away that it doesn’t show. Was thinking to just register to our home and take to second location. Reading starlink it says will not work if moved?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to http://www.starlink.com to sign up.
You will need to enter an address if you're in a rural location using a plus code. To do this go to https://www.google.com/maps. Find your location, drop a pin by clicking and holding at the location you are at. After you drop the pin you should have something like this on the left side....

View attachment 230259

Copy and paste this into the address section on the starlink website. If you have any problems just PM me.
Ha this worked perfect unfortunately says will be active mid to late 2021.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
any idea how far from your service address will starllink work? We have a residential address that shows when I type it in but have a place 30 km away that it doesn’t show. Was thinking to just register to our home and take to second location. Reading starlink it says will not work if moved?
Mike had mine at his house for about 1.5 months while he did his course he's 11 km from my location, it worked then, not as good as my location but manageable.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't understand how some areas get set up right away and some don't. Looks like north and south of me are good to go but I've been waiting since Feb.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't understand how some areas get set up right away and some don't. Looks like north and south of me are good to go but I've been waiting since Feb.
Starlink is available to a limited number of users per coverage area at this time. Orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

A neighbor was waiting for months he canceled his order. Reordered and it was here in a couple weeks. Might be worth a try.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I signed up with 4 different emails ha ha

Squireller

Reaction score
Gave my deposit back when first started beta testing and still haven’t got it other people around me have it and I’m right in the zone also thinking of canceling and reordering. Very frustrating as what we have is next to useless with xplodnet

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can get at my house in town I might order and see if I can even get the hardware, would make my day to cancel my telus rip off service.

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lord Elon has provided. Goodbye Xplornet.
This is before and after, and we were on Viasat’s satellite internet.

Attachments

• EB27E264-34E6-49FC-A1BD-C60608D44C8A.png
    EB27E264-34E6-49FC-A1BD-C60608D44C8A.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 94
  • AD63DCA4-AA5A-4BDC-9ED0-764ABB7CBFDF.png
    AD63DCA4-AA5A-4BDC-9ED0-764ABB7CBFDF.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 96
Top Bottom