Spring Break-up!! Is it over?

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I've been sitting for 3 weeks now. Each week the call comes In to go back to work, but seems to get cancelled last minute. now I got my bags packed yet again and ready to head out. Could this be true, am I actually going to work this time?

Sent from my iPhone because dial-up sucks!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope it's not over was looking forward to having April off. Don't want to see a drilling rig till at least the 1st week in May.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I hope it's not over was looking forward to having April off. Don't want to see a drilling rig till at least the 1st week in May.

Lol I hear ya, but my pocket book is hurting and I need to go back. Besides I want to mod the grizzly a bit before whitemud poker rally. I work on a freestanding double service rig myself.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends what you call breakup, road bans will be on for at least 2 more months in NE BC, probably longer because spring is just starting now.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeez, I hope it isn't over yet. welding shop still too busy to weld up the broken gooseneck on my 40 wheeler....ZAL

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Im Out in the seal lake area east of Harmon valley working for PennWest on PennWest roads so as long as the rig I'm on can stay in field, road bans shouldn't affect us. As long as the leases themselves can be moved onto is all that matters.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im Out in the seal lake area east of Harmon valley working for PennWest on PennWest roads so as long as the rig I'm on can stay in field, road bans shouldn't affect us. As long as the leases themselves can be moved onto is all that matters.

I can tell you for certain the main roads are bone dry already in that area. just finished hauling pipeline equipment outta there last week.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I can tell you for certain the main roads are bone dry already in that area. just finished hauling pipeline equipment outta there last week.

I thought they had a foot of snow last week in the peace region. At least that's the excuse the were using for not starting back up.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought they had a foot of snow last week in the peace region. At least that's the excuse the were using for not starting back up.

it melted fast, only stayed where there was already snow on the ground

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

that road is usually good all year round since they sunk some money into it. when husky owned it and murphy just moved in those roads were really bad all year. i remember a stretch with 4-5' ruts, not sure what made those...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Over break up lasted 2 days....everyone owns their own roads....and lots o rig mats

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a call from work late this afternoon. Their trying to send up to your neck of the woods again Teeroy this time for Baytex.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jeez, I hope it isn't over yet. welding shop still too busy to weld up the broken gooseneck on my 40 wheeler....ZAL

We're still -8 to-9 at nights here. Balls to the wall, we haven't started to slow down yet. Pipeliners are still coming out of the bush...slowly :)
Where is your neck breaking at? One of our 16's just got back from the repair shop with a crack in the webbing on the side of the neck near the bottom by where it goes onto the trailer. We were lucky the driver noticed it before it laid down on the highway on us. Stupid thing would close up when it was empty, and when we got a starchy load on it and it would open up again...hate it when that happens . :rant: :beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a call from work late this afternoon. Their trying to send up to your neck of the woods again Teeroy this time for Baytex.
they have those pads to work on, nice and dry. just hauled a bunch of stuff out of there, looks like 5 or 6 new ones built.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're still -8 to-9 at nights here. Balls to the wall, we haven't started to slow down yet. Pipeliners are still coming out of the bush...slowly :)
Where is your neck breaking at? One of our 16's just got back from the repair shop with a crack in the webbing on the side of the neck near the bottom by where it goes onto the trailer. We were lucky the driver noticed it before it laid down on the highway on us. Stupid thing would close up when it was empty, and when we got a starchy load on it and it would open up again...hate it when that happens . :rant: :beer:
this time it cracked at the neck extension pin boss on the passenger side. seemed like it was leaning over to the ditch side after I got rolling, knew where to look right away but didn't expect it to be the pin boss. the flanges will have to be air arc'd off and new ones made for both upper and lower pin holes, gonna be a sizeable job for Zal's men to fix....:rant:

we've had ours back to Aspen as we had the webbing problems early on, they fish plated both sides and it has been good. it would always crack the webbing right at the big dowel pins, happened twice before they finally agreed to warranty it and fix it properly.

I've broken a few goosenecks since I started heavy hauling, never fun. :mad:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Only thing that sucks working this time of year is the early starts trying to sneak around on the frost.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this time it cracked at the neck extension pin boss on the passenger side. seemed like it was leaning over to the ditch side after I got rolling, knew where to look right away but didn't expect it to be the pin boss. the flanges will have to be air arc'd off and new ones made for both upper and lower pin holes, gonna be a sizeable job for Zal's men to fix....:rant:

we've had ours back to Aspen as we had the webbing problems early on, they fish plated both sides and it has been good. it would always crack the webbing right at the big dowel pins, happened twice before they finally agreed to warranty it and fix it properly.

I've broken a few goosenecks since I started heavy hauling, never fun. :mad:

We used to have problems with the neck extensions on our 40 as well, when we ordered our new one, we ordered it with a solid neck and then had them build a solid neck for our other one while they were at it. Haven't had any issues with them since. If we do need just a 16wh, we have a third one that we left with a flip over neck, its a little shorter than the other 2, so its handier in the bush.

Top Bottom