Speed limits used for revenue generation,,,,, What???????????

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cripes, couldn't watch the whole thing. Did it at least end with a good punch line or was he being serious?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched the whole thing and made complete sense to the point made me mad that as a citizen we are slowly being manipulated to believe/follow government propaganda via mainstream media instead of true facts and findings found thru legitimate research.

Cripes, couldn't watch the whole thing. Did it at least end with a good punch line or was he being serious?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A well produced report that highlights issues with the setting of speed limits. I believe enforcement is principally focused in areas where there is easy pickens and not safety driven. Non existent construction zones are a problem in Alberta - No construction - just the signs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but I had over 2000$ in photo radar tickets last year but 0 demerits/0 accidents... Is the road any safer? well I still drive the speed I want too, so I'd say not. Its more like a go fast tax.....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a good thing that photo radar was turfed in b.c, way more tickets would be issued !!!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video, but I had over 2000$ in photo radar tickets last year but 0 demerits/0 accidents... Is the road any safer? well I still drive the speed I want too, so I'd say not. Its more like a go fast tax.....

It needs to be banned in all aspects. Red light cameras as well. Or at least retard them. 2 years ago I lost my drivers license for having a couple speeding tickets. My fault and I accept those. I had a Gdl license so only took 3 tickets to lose it. A year later I got it back and ever since then I'm constantly scanning my guages and looking for speed limit signs because I don't want to lose it ever again. Well guess what. Photo radars are still rolling in even though I'm being extremely careful. Since I drive in the city for my job even doing the best job I can I still get them. This tells me the system is flawed. They hide in speed transition zones. White court down the hill ( like fawk off now everyone's on the brakes down that hill rather than coasting to the bottom.) (Edson where it transitions from 80-100.) (highway 2 at elerslie where it transitions from 110-90.) (yellow head and 66st where it transitions from 60-70 even though no one really knows that because its a fukn freeway) you get my point. It's insanity. Now they are on top I overpasses!!!!! On major highways!! Obstructing traffic with no emergency equipment. Shooting free flow traffic under the bridges. I want to bomb these idiots. As a driver in the city and out of the city I find myself concentrating on looking for photo radar,looking for speed signs, red light cameras etc. rather than staying with the flow of traffic and watching theirs ahead of me. Yellow head and 111st has speed a red camera. No one focuses on driving there. Just on not getting a ticket. Slamming on the binders and trying not to go through the yellow. Construction zones are another brutal one. As a construction worker I always respect the speed limits. I got a ticket the other day RIGHT where it turns from 70-50. Within 50ft of the sign. This was 350 yards from the active construction zone. And it bothers me because construction speed signs are setup in suh a fashion with a ratio of site distance to son spacing. The zone from the drop speed to the active construction zone is called "transition zone". Meaning let off the gas at the reduced speed sign and transition. Drives me insane. End rant

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've assumed "the system" is revenue based. Sitting in areas that has no history of collisions, but have a speed transition. Thats weak enforcement at best. If you challenge the ticket in court, everyone but you is paid to be there. If you win, you cannot sue for money lost. I believe that is called extortion. You lose either way. They bank on you not attending to maximize their profits. As for photo radar goofs, they are a lower form of societies outcasts. 12 yrs of schooling, maybe some post secondary and this is what they have aspired to? Its quite possible they are seldom seen in school zones because of their status, cameras and children. Just my $.02. I have stronger opinions but I should show some restraint. BTW, 0 tickets of any sort.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've assumed "the system" is revenue based. Sitting in areas that has no history of collisions, but have a speed transition. Thats weak enforcement at best. If you challenge the ticket in court, everyone but you is paid to be there. If you win, you cannot sue for money lost. I believe that is called extortion. You lose either way. They bank on you not attending to maximize their profits. As for photo radar goofs, they are a lower form of societies outcasts. 12 yrs of schooling, maybe some post secondary and this is what they have aspired to? Its quite possible they are seldom seen in school zones because of their status, cameras and children. Just my $.02. I have stronger opinions but I should show some restraint. BTW, 0 tickets of any sort.

That's the other problem. They are usually Just the right price So it's not worth missing a day of work to chellenge. Especially if you lose then your down double.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh fawk Edmonton is terrible. A few years ago my GF broke her leg and was in the royal Alec, so id go visit every day. I got a photo radar ticket in the exact same spot five days in a row on the way out of town. WTF! not like I was driving like a A-hole just going with the flow....

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this year I came to Alberta 3 times for work and after coming home I was reminded of my trip with a ticket in the mail each time I got back (almost $600 bucks!). I havent had a speeding ticket in BC for over 25 years!! Go to Alberta and I get bent over.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this year I came to Alberta 3 times for work and after coming home I was reminded of my trip with a ticket in the mail each time I got back (almost $600 bucks!). I havent had a speeding ticket in BC for over 25 years!! Go to Alberta and I get bent over.

Basically how Albertans feel when we visit BC;) Bring Cash!

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In Sherwood Park they just put lights every eight feet (complete with cameras of coarse) followed by a traffic circle, a series of speed bumps that would challenge most razors and if you make it through that gauntlet they just give you a tinted window ticket to protect society from your murderous disregard for human safety.

Ever seen an old school radar trap when it's cold out? Hell no! but if the suns shining and there's a construction zone that no construction worker has visited in two weeks you can be sure they will have 50 cars waiting for you. You can bet your a$$ the insurance companies are working on getting demerits for photo radar. It will probably start out on tickets that are 30km over or maybe in school zones, once all us sheep get used to it they will expand their scope. One day you'll get to work only to find out you made 2 illegal lane changes, a rolling stop and you changed your coffee from your right hand to your left hand for a total of 950.00 dollar drive to work. You'll get the good news via your failberry or dumbphone which will confirm it was you via gps coordinates but will convienantly download the I am a horrible person app automatically as well as notify your insurance company immediately. LOL what do you think of them apples?

Have you threatened your children with eternal damnation yet today?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah really going fast...... 8 - 12 km over between the 3 tickets - flowing with the traffic. Not that we dont see any red and white plates blasting thru here in BC. dumb comment when you dont know the facts.

$200.00/ ticket with photo radar means you need to slow the fawk down when you come here!!

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been traveling between PG and Vernon this summer and have noticed the cops have been setting up Radar at or near the end of passing lanes. That to me is the most chicken s$@* thing I have seen them do. lets set up here so anybody that speeds to 115 or so to overtake a logging or chip truck in a passing lane on the section of road that is designed for just that is poaching...Yes most do speed up beyond the limit to pass a vehicle they have been patiently following behind for the last 20 or 30 km. This is Hands down just poaching.................... Because I have seen this at several different locations on that trip I believe it is being promoted and supported by the ministry....yes sir government orders....

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
" I have been traveling between PG and Vernon this summer and have noticed the cops have been setting up Radar at or near the end of passing lanes "

the piglets love to do that at the top of the north Taylor Hill !!!

Top Bottom