Some hope for the 800CFI

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after that last post this "fix" is got my eye. was there anything more done to this sled other then the fix?? i would like to try it... where are you fellas getting he kit from? seems to be he answer???

Go to pmspolaris.com for info or call 208-652-7738 and talk to Shawn or Corbett

754bigbore

Reaction score
after that last post this "fix" is got my eye. was there anything more done to this sled other then the fix?? i would like to try it... where are you fellas getting he kit from? seems to be he answer???

I am running a different titanium spring in the secondary, stock helix for the mountains. Running a power commander 5 with 156 hp map from dynotech. I have played with the map a little myself, leaning the top end a little more. Besides that its stock. The fix is dynoing another 5 hp from what I am told. So, I'm taking a guess its putting out about 160 horse right now.:d

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
156 hp map from dynotech

Doing any local riding? Just wondering if your's runs better in the hills or around home? Mine runs hard on the bottom end but falls off at full throttle.Looking for a PC 5 and going to high comp head with 08 map.Mine doesn't like the April flash

754bigbore

Reaction score
Doing any local riding? Just wondering if your's runs better in the hills or around home? Mine runs hard on the bottom end but falls off at full throttle.Looking for a PC 5 and going to high comp head with 08 map.Mine doesn't like the April flash

I have not ran mine out home since blue river, so I am not sure how it will behave. With work and our snow dissappearing fast I think I am done now unfortunately for the season. Dynotech is from Newyork state and their elevation is about the same as Whitecourt, around 3000 feet. That being said, with the old factory topend the sled ran very well and pulled hard around home. With the higher compression because of the fix kit I think I will have to add fuel to the mid range to ride around home too. I had contacted Jim at dynotech before about different variations of the 156 hp map and he said they only have one right now for each factory flash with the stock exhaust, and that the map can be "massaged" to what you need. So yeah, if you contact dynotech and ask for a map for the april reflash he will e-mail you one out. Let me know if ya got any more questions!:)

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
754 bigbore thanks for the info,picked up a high comp head today will install tomorrow and re-flash.Hope to get one more trip to McBride if not will have to wait for next year.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr. Timbo,

My Poo has gone down. Think I blew a piston, looks like I will need to try the kit you have recommended. Havent torn it down yet, but will need to do something for next year. I am done for the year! Just like everyone says, when you buy a poo, you just need a new engine every year LOL!

I will tear it down, get the cylinders honed and order this kit I guess... may need a little help installing it if you have some time...

Thanks for these posts, gives me a little direction.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr. Timbo,

My Poo has gone down. Think I blew a piston, looks like I will need to try the kit you have recommended. Havent torn it down yet, but will need to do something for next year. I am done for the year! Just like everyone says, when you buy a poo, you just need a new engine every year LOL!

I will tear it down, get the cylinders honed and order this kit I guess... may need a little help installing it if you have some time...

Thanks for these posts, gives me a little direction.

That sucks Ryeser,hope the cyl is ok.There is a waiting list for these kits but they should catch up over the summer.Let me know if you need anything.
I installed the 09 head with the 08 flash today.I did a compression test before I tore it down 135psi on each with the update head(low comp).Installed the 09 head (high comp) and tested 155psi,polaris took a lot of comp away with that updated head.Hope I don't have to run the good gas around here.Going to look for a stretch of snow tomorrow to see how it pulls the rpm's now.:cool:

754bigbore

Reaction score
Timbo- the best price I found on a PC5 was from bayside performance out of vancouver. Bought it online for 340 bucks if I remember right.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbo- the best price I found on a PC5 was from bayside performance out of vancouver. Bought it online for 340 bucks if I remember right.

Ya been looking online too,see lots of used ones also.Should find a good deal on one.Dealer told me he know's a few guys running the the old set up with just octane boost but I think with the extra comp from the "Fix" kit I might need some good gas for here.Got a 700 dragon in our group running old style dome pistons in it and it makes 155psi comp,it runs on pump premium around here no problems and that thing really hauls azz.:d

754bigbore

Reaction score
Timbo- where did you get your head from? Did the dealers have to send them back to Polaris? I'm thinking with an 08 head, pc5 and a pipe these things will be stupid!:d

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Timbo- where did you get your head from? Did the dealers have to send them back to Polaris? I'm thinking with an 08 head, pc5 and a pipe these things will be stupid!:d

That's a secret,not all the heads made it back to the factory.Rode it at the farm today in the wet heavy snow and it pulled hard no det in the mid-range but a little fat on top end.Colder temps and drier snow and it would pull better.Surprised no det in the mid,was running pump premium no octane boost.Need to pick up a PC5 to clean up the 08 mapping.:cool::d

akrevrider

Reaction score
That sucks Ryeser,hope the cyl is ok.There is a waiting list for these kits but they should catch up over the summer.Let me know if you need anything.
I installed the 09 head with the 08 flash today.I did a compression test before I tore it down 135psi on each with the update head(low comp).Installed the 09 head (high comp) and tested 155psi,polaris took a lot of comp away with that updated head.Hope I don't have to run the good gas around here.Going to look for a stretch of snow tomorrow to see how it pulls the rpm's now.:cool:

Timbo,

Please keep us posted on the test ride results. Sounds like the "Fix" will be going in my sled over the summer. Have been holding my breath every ride this past season hoping the engine makes it through the seaon.

Couple more rides left then it is tear down time.

akrevrider

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys I have 7 kits on the way and will keep them in stock at all times.

akrevrider

Reaction score
Guys I have 7 kits on the way and will keep them in stock at all times.

What rebuild procedures do you recommend having done to the cylinders/head prior to installing the kit? What is included in the kit?

Appreciate it,

akrevrider

754bigbore

Reaction score
What rebuild procedures do you recommend having done to the cylinders/head prior to installing the kit? What is included in the kit?

Appreciate it,

akrevrider

I honed the cylinders, they were still in excellent shape. I never did anything to the stock head(the updated lower compression one) I had to file my rings, the end gap was too tight. The kit comes with the pistons, a cylinder base gasket, the crankcase to block shim, longer alignment dowels and longer block bolts. The install instructions that came with the kit are pretty detailed, giving all the clearance specs and what not.

Top Bottom