Reaction score
Well I got the FIX kit today for my 09 800 Dragon.So far it looks good,it cost
$585 us and $27 shipping,you get
2 wiesco piston kits
1 base gasket
1 metal shim 1/4" thick
2 longer dowel pins
1 set longer cyl bolts
I took a couple pics,the one of the pistons I used the single ring piston for reference.

Attachments

• temp 018.jpg
    temp 018.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 838
  • temp 016.jpg
    temp 016.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 841
  • temp 017.jpg
    temp 017.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 839

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm also going with the 2010 cyl as they beefed it up a bit.The 09 cyl is on the left the 10 on the right.

Attachments

• temp 014.jpg
    temp 014.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 842
  • temp 015.jpg
    temp 015.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 838

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let us know how its works. Have been reading about it and it looks very promissing. Just to let you know I am pretty sure you can't use the 2010 cylinder with the 2009 cases. because of the thickness difference they don't match up.

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Well I got the FIX kit today for my 09 800 Dragon.So far it looks good,it cost
$585 us and $27 shipping,you get
2 wiesco piston kits
1 base gasket
1 metal shim 1/4" thick
2 longer dowel pins
1 set longer cyl bolts
I took a couple pics,the one of the pistons I used the single ring piston for reference.

Timbo- is the idea behind the "fix" to change the rod angle, or simply reduce piston "rock" thru the longer piston body? Should in theory add to the life of the skirts. Is the piston to wall clearance smaller or larger?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let us know how its works. Have been reading about it and it looks very promissing. Just to let you know I am pretty sure you can't use the 2010 cylinder with the 2009 cases. because of the thickness difference they don't match up.
I did the case mod on another block,this is a project with dealer
Timbo- is the idea behind the "fix" to change the rod angle, or simply reduce piston "rock" thru the longer piston body? Should in theory add to the life of the skirts. Is the piston to wall clearance smaller or larger?
Puts more piston on cyl wall,nothing changes as the cyl is raised also.Wiesco runs tighter clearances so less blowby.They claim 5 more hp and 150 more rpm on topend would think this comes from the tighter pistons

so does that mess with your warranty
Yep it will,this is for the guys with no warranty

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the case mod on another block,this is a project with dealer
Puts more piston on cyl wall,nothing changes as the cyl is raised also.Wiesco runs tighter clearances so less blowby.They claim 5 more hp and 150 more rpm on topend would think this comes from the tighter pistons

Yep it will,this is for the guys with no warranty

I've been doing alot of research in the past couple weeks because mine has grenaded for the third time. Thanks for the info Timbo. Keep a guy updated:confused:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I got "fix" kit engine switched over in my Dragon today.Was there for the start up and it sounds good,no more engine rattle,very responsive.We let it warm up to operating temp and shut it down,did a compression test and got 135 both sides,that's 10lbs more than old motor in it's prime.Going out on Saturday to put some miles on it,will post results.I hope that this is a long term "fix" for these 800's:d:cool:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how did it go Timbo? Is the new engine as good as the old one? Your sled seemed to rip pretty good the way you had it set up before.

Trench:beer:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got to put about 65 miles on Sat-Sun and it runs better. It revs quick lots of bottom end seems like I geared down.It went into limp mode once,I think it was from the premix gas as I loaded it up with oil pretty good and had the ethanol wires plugged in.Rode it harder today and was pulling 8250 with 8500 on the recall with 71grm's of weight.Engine is quiet at idle which is nice,not like the old one as it was very noisy.Still not sold on the wiseco pistons but if they work I can change my mind.Will pull the exhaust valves this week and check out things and head out next weekend for a good days run.So far so good.As far as my other engine I had a 900 miles on stock polaris pistons and had light scoring on the exhaust side of the pto piston it would have gone alot farther but I wanted to run the fix kit to see what would happen.:d

754bigbore

Reaction score
Timbo, your running 71 gram weights? wow, was that around Edmonton? I am from Whitecourt and run 66 around here. Good to here its running good! I had a 03 700 rmk mod with 754 wisecos in it. Ran awesome, sold the sled to a buddy 2 years ago and still going strong. I wouldn't be afraid of them, I always let the 03 warm up really good before starting off.:d

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have the Heavy Hitter adjustable weights with the Teflon washers in each end of primary spring.Washers take the coil bind out of the spring,works good.

lucky7

Reaction score
just asking did you have the 2010 update done on your sled, poliaris did mine, said 09 pots were cracking and put 2010 pot on is this possible

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just asking did you have the 2010 update done on your sled, poliaris did mine, said 09 pots were cracking and put 2010 pot on is this possible

2010 up date was dual ring pistons and low compression head with a ecm reflash.2010 cyl will fit but you have to machine the top of case because the 2010 cyl has thicker and longer skirt supports.I think they meant 2010 cyl head(lower compression).

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Timbo, hope that the FIX is indeed the FIX for these motors. My 08 is for sale and it seems most folks are scared of them blowing the engine!!!

Trench

Top Bottom