Soft suspension ?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After recently changing from a 136" to 151" track on my `99 summit X 670, it seem as though the rear suspension as become softer.
I did reposition my skid back 3" and down 1" when I changed the track.
I have set the rear spring blocks the the highest setting and have also turned the front spring to the highest step.
Has anyone experienced this before? Is there something I should have done differnt? what should I look for to correct this problem?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, I am changing my torsion springs to 03 summit springs, skidoo part #503189627 left & 503189629 right, $65.50 each at Turple in Red Deer, check around at different dealers. Those part #'s are for the X model, the Adren #'s are 503189522 & 503189524. I've been told they will work, I'm taking in mine to match them up this weekend, I'll keep you informed how they work.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99summitx, thankx for your reply. I am glad I am not the only one haveing this problemo. So it must be the added length of the rails that changes the leverage and makes the suspension softer?

I have heard of differant adjustment blocks to wind the springs more.
I wonder how much more the springs would need to be tightened?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled mine out and cut some pvc pipe as a bushing as my spring bushings have some good groves wore in them and thought it may be not allowing the spring to flex right, it helped a little by just centering the spring on the axle but not much. I am hoping with the new springs I will be able to soften up the preload to 1st setting.

Top Bottom