So now what will we see?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The chassis is your main frame, just tunnel length changes. It's splitting hairs I know but it's what it is. The accessories is what makes the model mtn specfic. 174 3" etc.
I don't believe there will ever be a true mtn specfic sled.

Technically the chassis has not changed since 08, and that's why there is no seperate XM section on doo talk.

I totally agree on the "what your comfortable with" comment, I've never felt comfortable riding a pro, heard good things from the guys who got on the new axys, so for the poo hards that's great news.
The cat chassis feels like a xp to me so I enjoy riding it.
I hope the others manuf sleds works so well next year that doo will be forced to up their game.

Sent from my iPhone using The terrible app called Tapatalk

If you look at the current Pro RMK, and the Axys photos there are differences throughout the design. It is not just a lengthened Rush. Everything from the tunnel, to the front end has been revamped. Of the three main mountain sleds I would say the new Axys is the closest to a true "mountain" sled in its new design. Yes it still has skis, a seat and handlebars, but the tunnel was changed, the Axys design is not the same in the RMK as the Rush, the stripped down photos show it well. The suspension geometry changed, rider ergonomics changed, and so on. I won't bother posting the comparing photo as this is the XM section.

If saying there is no true mountain sled, does that mean there is no true trail sled? The XM certainly carries over traits from its the sleds as do the trail sleds from the mountain sleds. There is only so much that can be done to a sled to differentiate between trail and mountain. I do believe suspension is a key component and an area where Doo could improve its design. They sure are a good handling sled on the trails for a mountain sled.

As far as how a sled handles on the trail, I spend less than %2 of my day on the trail in and out, I really only care about how it perform the other %98 of the time.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh???

The xm came out, then brp followed with the same in there trail sleds

Then the ras2 in t3, and now it the 16 trail sleds also have ras2

Brp is having trail sleds following mountain sleds now

Ur drunk and blinded by poolaide....

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The axy reminds me of a rev when i look at them. To me that's a good thing for polaris.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at the current Pro RMK, and the Axys photos there are differences throughout the design. It is not just a lengthened Rush. Everything from the tunnel, to the front end has been revamped. Of the three main mountain sleds I would say the new Axys is the closest to a true "mountain" sled in its new design. Yes it still has skis, a seat and handlebars, but the tunnel was changed, the Axys design is not the same in the RMK as the Rush, the stripped down photos show it well. The suspension geometry changed, rider ergonomics changed, and so on. I won't bother posting the comparing photo as this is the XM section.

If saying there is no true mountain sled, does that mean there is no true trail sled? The XM certainly carries over traits from its the sleds as do the trail sleds from the mountain sleds. There is only so much that can be done to a sled to differentiate between trail and mountain. I do believe suspension is a key component and an area where Doo could improve its design.

Thank you, when I said no true mtn design I was actually thinking of doo when I wrote that.

I don't know all the differences when comparing the pro to axys, but thank you for pointing them out.

Sent from my iPhone using The terrible app called Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh???

The xm came out, then brp followed with the same in there trail sleds

Then the ras2 in t3, and now it the 16 trail sleds also have ras2

Brp is having trail sleds following mountain sleds now

Ur drunk and blinded by poolaide....

Negative ghost rider

Shouldn't you be doing house work?

Yes the XM came out before the RAS2. The RAS2 was initially developed for the XS sleds. The primary focus of it was for trail sleds. It was released at the same time last March for the XS and T3. One did not follow the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg! You just LOVE to say "fix kit" dontcha? And, reading some of your other posts, it sounds like maybe your Etec could use a "fix kit".

LOL thats a good poke ill give u that. BUT the reason my etec blew up was due to modification left stock the etec is pull and go and is the most reliable. If i can remember correct there is someone on these forums that has something ridiculous like 22 000 k on a stock etec (dont quote me cause i cant remember, but i do know if had a crap load of k on it) Show me a pro that has the same k and hasnt been touched....... thats rite u cant , I dont care what anyone says we all know the poo engines need fix kits to be just a normal operating engine.
Nuff said.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL thats a good poke ill give u that. BUT the reason my etec blew up was due to modification left stock the etec is pull and go and is the most reliable. If i can remember correct there is someone on these forums that has something ridiculous like 22 000 k on a stock etec (dont quote me cause i cant remember, but i do know if had a crap load of k on it) Show me a pro that has the same k and hasnt been touched....... thats rite u cant , I dont care what anyone says we all know the poo engines need fix kits to be just a normal operating engine.
Nuff said.

But for the extra you pay for a doo you can buy a Polaris, put in a fix kit and still have money left over. Unless paying more makes you feel like you get more?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both Premium Doo and Poo sleds will not go out the door for under $15000 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But for the extra you pay for a doo you can buy a Polaris, put in a fix kit and still have money left over. Unless paying more makes you feel like you get more?

Yes u are 100% rite. But i like the way my doo rides, that's why i have one, personal preference i guess. Ive ridden a pro as my whole group owns them, and yea its goes but i like my doo and thats why i pay more i guess lol.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
throw a 174x3" track drop and roll, powder coated tunnel and a 4 year warranty on your pro and lets talk numbers again.

I have absolutely no desire to have a 174x3 on my Pro, maybe a 162x2.5 or 2.6 like the new axys but a 174x3 is more track than I need 95% of the time, and there are alot of others that feel the same. So ya its cheaper to buy a new T3 than mod a Pro to be the same, but how many guys are stilling buying the summit X over the t3?

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haha have you guys been putting up with motor issues for so long you just have accepted its okay to have to put Pistons into a brand new sled?

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So ya its cheaper to buy a new T3 than mod a Pro to be the same, but how many guys are stilling buying the summit X over the t3?
You would be surprised how many people are buying the T3 over the X model. I sure was by looking in the parking lot of eagles pass last weekend!! More yellow then anything!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode poo and doo and poo feels cheap needs a BB just to try and keep up with the new T3. Poo by the time you add extended warranty, the bumpers to replace the terrible stock ones, tunnel stiffners your well over the price of a doo haha. They don't need to be lighter there already to cheap and flimsy. Been hearing some rumours from some guys in the industry that there may be the 154 3" coming and possibly the 185 hp motor with weight taken out of the right places so I think Doo is on the right path.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new price is likely going to be the biggest change from 15' to 16'. 15% change in the CAD year over year. Yikes. $17000 ODT may be closer to $19000 + this year..

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new price is likely going to be the biggest change from 15' to 16'. 15% change in the CAD year over year. Yikes. $17000 ODT may be closer to $19000 + this year..

Geez a new lifted diesel truck should be right around 150,000$ and used ones will go for around 20,000$ haha

At least oil and gas will be cheap for my new Doo.....lol

Top Bottom