Snowmobile Vocabulary.....

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took me a while to realize skegs and carbides aren't the same thing (even though most use the terms interchangeably) skegs are just a plain old wear bar at the bottom of the ski, carbides are the same thing with a hardened steel cutting edge tacked on.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Took me a while to realize skegs and carbides aren't the same thing (even though most use the terms interchangeably) skegs are just a plain old wear bar at the bottom of the ski, carbides are the same thing with a hardened steel cutting edge tacked on.

Technically carbides ARE that hardened steel cutting edge. Carbides are tacked to the skeg/skag. Skeg is something totally different in the ATV/Jeep world, and it SUCKS!!!

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Including the two tier cooking pot, they are in the neighbour hood of $400. No cheap but is anything we buy for this sport cheap?

Wholesale Warehouse. They come in a large package (I'm thinking 100 at a crack) but it might be 50. Lids are separate. Took me a long time to find them. So coming from Golden, Calgary will be the closest and I don't have a clue where they would be located.

Just a minute, I can google that......I found mine in Lethbridge.

Wholesale Club - Calgary South222 - 58th Ave S E, Calgary, AB T2H 0N9
403-255-5590

Wholesale Club - Calgary North2928 - 23rd St. N E, Calgary, AB T2E 8R7
403-291-2810
Wow awesome thanks a ton ferniesnow! !

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabin Warrior= Guys that like to show everyone how loud their sled is, how they can do wicked tail standers and how to yard sale a sled, all while you are trying to eat your lunch.

This is usually preformed around Cabins or other places people gather on the hill.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabin Warrior= Guys that like to show everyone how loud their sled is, how they can do wicked tail standers and how to yard sale a sled, all while you are trying to eat your lunch.

This is usually preformed around Cabins or other places people gather on the hill.
These guys also mention to everyone that you don't need a LinQ on an ETEC.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

^^^AKA powder puffs...

button hook-- turn on the spot, can be uphill, downhill, or flats
s***ty -- donuts
dog pisser -- person who drives there sled around the parking lot in a fast matter showing off
BRAAAP -- means to snowmobile
Tandom -- hit it with two, can be hill climb, jumps, drops, etc
Drop -- usually means jumping down hill OR going down a very large hill
jump -- usually up hill or on flats
cat walk, wheelie, tail stander -- pretty self explanitory
chute -- generally avalanche runouts
Gut -- the thinnest park Of the chute
throat -- usually the top of the chute
runout -- bottom of the chute or how much space you have for a stop until it get bad.
in the roops -- bombing through thick wooded areas or Boulder fields (my specialty, it's like playing with fire)
nuggets -- rocks that destroy sleds
snow, white gold, fresh, pow pow, snow flakes -- pretty much self explanitory
bluebird -- sunny day.... Someone please explain where the meaning of this come from, it's really lame I think
bowel -- generally the sort or riding area
endo -- when a sled is rolling down hill bumper to bumper, not flipping. Could be a whips out as well
air. -- pretty self explainitory
Whip -- type of sled jumping

Last edited:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Scratcher....not something your itching from because you were to cheap to buck up for the good one , it's something that kicks up snow so you don't over heat on the hard pack trails.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
^^^AKA powder puffs...

s***ty -- donuts
dog pisser -- person who drives there sled around the parking lot in a fast matter showing off
runout -- bottom of the chute or how much space you have for a stop until it get bad.
in the roops -- bombing through thick wooded areas or Boulder fields (my specialty, it's like playing with fire)
bluebird -- sunny day.... Someone please explain where the meaning of this come from, it's really lame I think
endo -- when a sled is rolling down hill bumper to bumper, not flipping. Could be a whips out as well

I always assumed it had to do with the blue skies, but could be way off.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Oler a Bluebird (here in the west its a Mountain Blue Bird) is a insectivore (eats primarily insects) with out getting to technical the insects they feed on are more active on warm sunny days which in turn increases the sightings of Blue Birds hence the saying Blue Bird day which can be shortened to just Bluebird
^^^AKA powder puffs...

s***ty -- donuts

Last edited:

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^AKA powder puffs...

s***ty -- donuts

Bowel looks nothing like a Bowl ........................................just sayin.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will know when you see one their about the size of a small Robin. The males are real blue females not so blue. You will see them in the summer in the foothills. When you see a series of bird house on a fence line next to a road or highway away from any builds these are Blue Bird nesting boxes. They often perch on fence posts, they like to hunt that way.
Well it's less lame now. Don't think I have ever seen mountain bluebird, winter or summer.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cabin warrior is also a guy who's hanging out at the cabin trying to eat there lunch every day telling everyone that everyone else is a cabin warrior but not them selfs......

Top Bottom