snowmobile rant.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we did change the plugs and yeah between 6 of us pulling and pulling no go.

yeai hear ya.......just change the plugs on the hill. it will start. havent had the issue myself on any of the 5 2015s we have but have heard of it. you need to pull the pull start like a man not a little girl. seems with the high injector pressure it will foul them first pull if you dont give it a good enough tug to get it started.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But realistically....you don't know if yours will start in cold weather either. :noidea:
It's not so much they won't start in cold weather but guys are having them die on them from fouled plugs mid ride. This isn't cool. It's one thing if it won't start on the truck, another when your 50km away and it just dies.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not so much they won't start in cold weather but guys are having them die on them from fouled plugs mid ride. This isn't cool. It's one thing if it won't start on the truck, another when your 50km away and it just dies.

Ya, that was just a shot at the Cat. Neither one of us rides in cold weather any more. :D

But that would definitely suck!

Reactions: LBZ

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Laugh it up. I'll change my plugs just like I used to 5 years ago . Then continue to whoop ass on a pretty incredible machine in comparison to the competition

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha breathe again AAAAhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha

Lmfao

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of these polaris dealers must be damn good to sell guys extended trail sleds for the mountains when there is real deep snow machines for sale elsewhere.

.....you're arrogance is so predictable.....just wondering....what percentage of your 14,000+ posts actually adds value to this site.....betcha it's a really low number

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.....you're arrogance is so predictable.....just wondering....what percentage of your 14,000+ posts actually adds value to this site.....betcha it's a really low number

About the same percentage pf your 900 posts pointing out how useless mine are. Again great post

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Young fella was over last nite... Bought a new Pro... Its falling apart... Really liked my Doos... Is going to peddle his Poo... And buy a Doo. :)

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Mods, this thread should be changed to Polaris rant.. Funny how everyone quickly forgets past Ski Doo/Rotax problems like the infamous flaking ring issue on the 800's, the $hitty run of the of case tolerances on the 800R's, and not to mention the price of Ski Doo snowmobiles continuing to increase higher every new model year… E-Tec's have their own issues as well. Whatev's boys, I for one have had enough of paying through the nose for Bombardier sleds, OEM parts and accessories. Yes, Ski Doo make a good snowmobile, so does Polaris, Cat and Yamaha..without having to put up your firtsborn and HELOC to buy one…

Last edited:

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get a kick out of all the guys who would be pissy if a dealer had used a part off of a sled on the showroom to get a customer going. Wouldn't you be pretty happy if it was you that was broken and had no parts. The beauty of a small dealer is they know most of their customers and want to see them all happy. In the past my dealer has called me to ask if he can use my vin to get warranty on another customers sled that is just out of warranty. I'm sure this doesn't fly anymore. But at the time I had no problem since I knew he would try to do that for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are dealing and living in/with the present. Quit dealing with the past...:rolleyes:

Mods, this thread should be changed to Polaris rant.. Funny how everyone quickly forgets past Ski Doo/Rotax problems like the infamous flaking ring issue on the 800's, the $hitty run of the of case tolerances on the 800R's, and not to mention the price of Ski Doo snowmobiles continuing to increase higher every new model year… E-Tec's have their own issues as well. Whatev's boys, I for one have had enough of paying through the nose for Bombardier sleds, OEM parts and accessories. Yes, Ski Doo make a good snowmobile, so does Polaris, Cat and Yamaha..without having to put up your firtsborn and HELOC to buy one…

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is more of a pointless threat and rant.

I snow checked my 2013 pro and its had its list of issues. needed to go in for the driveshaft clamp, the motor blew up last year, then the clutch spring broke, now its been at the shop for a month over a throttle safety switch. its all been under warranty, but cause of this switch ive missed 2 trips in a month.

the dealer has ordered the switch but it was backordered, am i wrong to think that they should just yank the switch off of a crated sled and let me on me way. Im pretty sick of how unreliable this polaris has been, i dont even ride hard compared to the rest of the group.

Tomorrow im going to go talk to the dealer and maybe go look for a 163 skidoo if they have more bad news.

So what did you end up deciding? or what did they do for you?

Top Bottom