snowmobile death

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow the last link is a for sure tree hugger comment sections. Curious to see what the write on. Its unfortunate that that family has to deal with the loss. Our thoughts and prayers will be with them.

Laker

Reaction score
Too bad about that woman dying I truly feel for the family, but I read a few of the comments and had to stop. Some people are actually ridiculous. They should wrap themselves into a plastic bubble and leave us alone.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad about that woman dying I truly feel for the family, but I read a few of the comments and had to stop. Some people are actually ridiculous. They should wrap themselves into a plastic bubble and leave us alone.

The comments on that CBC news bulletin were absolutely heinous! One person actually had the stones to write the following:

Some people are not meant to participate in certain activities. One needs strength and 3D spatial abilities to skydive, SCUBA and - sledding - which as a participant, is the absolutely the most dangerous activity (in mountainous terrain) one will ever participate in. About 50% of all rides I participated in resulted in some type of crash. A half - no lie. Not to denigrate the fallen, in all high risk sporting activities, women have a greatly disproportionate level of accidents compared to men. This is fact. Not a sexist comment - but ask any flight, diving, paragliding - or snowmobiling instructor / lead - and they will inform you of same (not on the record of course) Helmets are awesome for sledding (if they are full face) but do not do anything when you ski into a tree face first or roll a 500lb sled down 60 ft. If you wouldn't trust Judy to dock the ski boat - then maybe sledding should be equally examined. I preface this conclusion on riding in BC / Golden / mountainous terrain. Any chick can manage to ride a sled on a flat trail east of the rockies.

Wow!! What a Pr*ck wrote that... He singlehandedly denigrated the woman who died and all of the female population and sledders in general.

All these pious treehuggers have totally forgotten that the woman who died did so doing what she loved, surrounded by those who loved her.

I am so proud of the sledding community and their sense of togetherness. Aside from the occassional irresponsible jerk (and there are jerks existing among the earth-muffin crowd too), sledders are the most personable, accepting, nature loving and respectful people there are. Only an azzhole who lives his pious life wrapped in fear and ignorance can blindly paint us all with the same paintbrush.

I am proud to be amongst those who willingly accepts risk and treks through the God-given, glorious scenery that surrounds us all, who lends a hand to fellow human beings whenever possible and who is genuinely thankful to have such wonderful opportunities to feel alive. Every time I go sledding I am humbled by my majestic surroundings and ever thankful to be present. Moreover, I am thankful to be surrounded by good family and friends, making memories and traditions that will last a lifetime.

To hell with all the comments of those who denigrate the memories of those who passed with their ignorance, and many condolences to the family of the woman who died doing what she loved...

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The comments on that CBC news bulletin were absolutely heinous! One person actually had the stones to write the following:

Wow!! What a Pr*ck wrote that... He singlehandedly denigrated the woman who died and all of the female population and sledders in general.

All these pious treehuggers have totally forgotten that the woman who died did so doing what she loved, surrounded by those who loved her.

I am so proud of the sledding community and their sense of togetherness. Aside from the occassional irresponsible jerk (and there are jerks existing among the earth-muffin crowd too), sledders are the most personable, accepting, nature loving and respectful people there are. Only an azzhole who lives his pious life wrapped in fear and ignorance can blindly paint us all with the same paintbrush.

I am proud to be amongst those who willingly accepts risk and treks through the God-given, glorious scenery that surrounds us all, who lends a hand to fellow human beings whenever possible and who is genuinely thankful to have such wonderful opportunities to feel alive. Every time I go sledding I am humbled by my majestic surroundings and ever thankful to be present. Moreover, I am thankful to be surrounded by good family and friends, making memories and traditions that will last a lifetime.

To hell with all the comments of those who denigrate the memories of those who passed with their ignorance, and many condolences to the family of the woman who died doing what she loved...

Here here SledMamma....here here.........well wrote and my condolences as well....

Top Bottom