Snowest forum fees

John Cambell

Reaction score
I joined snowest because I like reading different snowmobile forums.

As as you may know, after a few days snowest cut my viewing and said I had to be a premium member and I had to pay money.

I never really have came across a fee to read forums before , so is there something else I'm missing ? As in, what benefit do I get to pay Snowest money?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a great question and one that thousands of members asked before they dropped their accounts. Some say there is less BS on there because people that pay are serious. That may be true but I can weed through some BS

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid the $10 to have an account there....no big deal....

If Ron needed us to pay a fee on this site, I would also have no issue

I think most of us have no idea of work goes on behind the scenes to keep a website like this going. If you can do it with just paid vendors, that's great. If you need to charge a bit to keep it going...do it

Its less than a $1.00 per month.....????? what's the big deal

John Cambell

Reaction score
I don't think $10 bucks a year is a huge charge. I'm just asking what do you get above and beyond from the other sites. Is Snowest the only snowmobile forum that charges. ?

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think $10 bucks a year is a huge charge. I'm just asking what do you get above and beyond from the other sites. Is Snowest the only snowmobile forum that charges. ?

What you get above and beyond is pretty much what you get here for free....access to all threads, ability to edit your account which makes it easier to read...oh, badges! you get badges....lol.

There are other sites that have an optional charge.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
What you get above and beyond is pretty much what you get here for free....access to all threads, ability to edit your account which makes it easier to read...oh, badges! you get badges....lol.

There are other sites that have an optional charge.

I agree with Cat401's previous post (the one before this one above). What's a few dollars?

When I joined SnoWest, I found I did not have access to everything and somethings were better for Premium members (I can't remember all the benefits but I will look them up). There was a Chat room (I haven't been there) like on DooTalk for the DooCrew (which is also a paid premium). A premium member also gets a Daily Digest emailed everyday (I guess it is what Christopher deems worthy) that is sort of a summary of what's "hot".

comparison_top.jpg

Last edited:

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid the fee so that I could finish reading a really long thread that is around 90 pages long. I look at it like a magazine subscription but cheaper! No big deal. I read several forums about snowmobiles but S&M is always the first one I go to. If for some reason a question is not answered on this forum, I'll post it elsewhere.

There are however forum sites that have essentially "sealed their own fate" by moving to a fee based structure. Years ago SnowmobileWorld.com was a pretty good site. They announced a fee structure would be implemented. There was a mass exodus of members and now the site seems dead.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowest has better technical information. Snowandmud has much better information for snow conditions and is more local to the areas I ride.
100 %

The conditions and locals that share is the big bonus

I use brand forums like kawiriders and dootalk for technical info if I can't Google it or find it here

Best thing is most are within a province and close to buy or sell stuff ect..

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
100 %

The conditions and locals that share is the big bonus

I use brand forums like kawiriders and dootalk for technical info if I can't Google it or find it here

Best thing is most are within a province and close to buy or sell stuff ect..

The biggest problem I see (especially for Ron, in this case) is that if this forum went to a paid structure, it would now become a full time JOB for Ron, or whomever he hands the reins off to. We certainly wouldn't be hearing Dale talk about the site being broken. I don't think Ron, or any of the other mods have the time to make this site a full time job of updates, moderating, etc.

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The online magazines are nice extra with the paid membership kinda miss those since mine has expired

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lot's of guys are here because SW became a pay site, it's probably part of the reason this one was able to become what it its today.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man oh man . Lol
I am having a hard time trying to figure out why it doesn't cost a small fee for any Forum??
Everything costs this day and age and what is 10-20$ a year?
It's no different then trail grooming is it not ?
User pay?
Still need volunteers but why should the main folks running the show have to donate so much time ?
I will pay but site should work a bit better and folks should be able to speak about vendors good and bad ?
Keeping it in check to some degree which mods would do ?
My 2 cents

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man oh man . Lol
I am having a hard time trying to figure out why it doesn't cost a small fee for any Forum??
Everything costs this day and age and what is 10-20$ a year?

Paid by advertising (in theory).

$10 to $20 is the same as a magazine subscription & not a big deal for a good site (notice that I said GOOD).
Not really interested in paying a fee to follow keyboard heroes and exaggerated opinions.

Top Bottom