snow tires

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welllllll..... Got my tires on. All I can say is fawking wow. I am sure happy with them. And sold a set of tires I had no use for today too.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep they charged me 30 per tire. The bill was up there as I had them studded and bought tpms sensors. Extra 420 just for those two things.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everywhere is checked was 30. Haven't seen 20 but sure it is out there too. Fountain tire seems up there in price for most things.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They can charge whatever they want right now. There's a line up around the block at most tire shops of people that waited till now to get rid of racing slicks. Coworker had to leave his car over night just for a flat repair or risk getting bumped to the back of the line.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ordered tires finally and will get them tomorrow. I would have almost been better off not doing any research and just going to buy a set. Too many decisions. Anyways get some general altimax arctic studded up in the morning, and putting them on my old spare rims I had hanging around from my old 2010 one ton. Should do the job.

I have the non-studded altimax arctic on my work truck and have been quite impressed for non-studded tires, I imagine they would kick azz with studs. I run them year round and the durability seems great, I have over 55,000km on them and they still look new.

Anyone who needs winter tires please call me I will give 15% off any tire I can get for you as we are also OK Tire . Ask for Chris or Sue and say your from S&M and we can get you set up. It is suppppper busy right now So if you are REALLY looking for winter tires call
780-963-0080

Thanks Chris

Chris managed to squeeze my daughters car in last minute and gave her a great deal. she was impressed with the whole experience. Thanks Chris

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Ordered tires finally and will get them tomorrow. I would have almost been better off not doing any research and just going to buy a set. Too many decisions. Anyways get some general altimax arctic studded up in the morning, and putting them on my old spare rims I had hanging around from my old 2010 one ton. Should do the job.

Anyone who needs winter tires please call me I will give 15% off any tire I can get for you as we are also OK Tire . Ask for Chris or Sue and say your from S&M and we can get you set up. It is suppppper busy right now So if you are REALLY looking for winter tires call
780-963-0080

Thanks Chris

Fountain tire in Airdrie wants $40 / tire for studding

Everywhere is checked was 30. Haven't seen 20 but sure it is out there too. Fountain tire seems up there in price for most things.

Yep they charged me 30 per tire. The bill was up there as I had them studded and bought tpms sensors. Extra 420 just for those two things.

The factory studded Nokkian's are only an extra $8/tire and I'm told the factory studded will far outlast dealer/personal installed studs

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was going to get a set of those but for convenience and price went to the guys up the road which was a ok tire dealer. So of course no nokians

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll be happy with the altimax, mine were bought/installed from the dealer (company truck) so nokians were not an option, but they have been great.

I was going to get a set of those but for convenience and price went to the guys up the road which was a ok tire dealer. So of course no nokians

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studding duratracs is a waste of $$. Tread compound is so soft the stud will pound deeper into the hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 25000 kms on these. Still a few studs poking out. Never tried them without studs but I would recommend studding a Duratrac. Not really apples to apples comparison but my new toyo GSI 5 are amazing compared to a studded Duratrac.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 166

Brewer

Reaction score
3.5mm tire is okay in summer time. I wouldn't be driving any tire with that in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Cooper STT's(285/17) all year on and off road. Seem to work and wear good for me... But I typically drive quite reasonably...

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
About 25000 kms on these. Still a few studs poking out. Never tried them without studs but I would recommend studding a Duratrac. Not really apples to apples comparison but my new toyo GSI 5 are amazing compared to a studded Duratrac.

Wow. Doesn't look like there much studs left. Maybe I shouldn't waste my money on studs

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you like the tires Niner!!!!! Studs rock only way to go if you can, unless you have a high end winter like a toyo or blizzak.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any opinions on the nitto Exo grapplers? They look similar to the duratrac and I was told they are also stud able? Anybody try them?

Top Bottom