Snorkin' the Brute

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might play a big part in the bets about my Brute. But heres the pics of how I snorkeled my '09 Kaw 750.

It all started out at Lowes with this much PVC... Then you can see a nifty idea that came about with a termination screen, then a few more parts and it going together. You can figure out how I did it.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1643.jpg
    IMG_1643.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 135

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This might play a big part in the bets about my Brute. But heres the pics of how I snorkeled my '09 Kaw 750.

It all started out at Lowes with this much PVC... Then you can see a nifty idea that came about with a termination screen, then a few more parts and it going together. You can figure out how I did it.

looks cool man!!!!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics...

1: The right is the CVT inlet, the rubber boot attached is to line up the height with the other risers, as well as aiding in removing the riser. To the left is the 2nd half of the CVT exhaust, the part that connects to the riser.

2: The first half of the CVT exhaust. The boot is a 3"-2" reduction... Fits like a glove!

3: Heres the CVT exhaust installed. You can also see the CVT intake installed as well, just behind neatly tucked away.

4: This is how I did the air intake. I used a 3" long 90" rubber boot and cut off the ends. Then 2" PVC'd the rest.

5: Heres the engine air and CVT intake risers on, dry fitted before painting.

6: The risers where painted in black. The centre riser (CVT exhaust) wasn't here because I added more to this riser to make it taller.

7: rough cut for the risers to go through, I sanded it down after and used a torch to get the factory glaze back.

8: Snorkels done and installed.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More pics, you can also see the termination screen in this pic better.

Basically, more dry fitted parts, and you can also see the termination screens and the cut 3" boot.

Attachments

• IMG_1644.jpg
    IMG_1644.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 132

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sharpen your axe. LOL jk

Classy, but I used a mitre saw..... :eek:

snorkelyouratv.com, similar to the way you did.

Thats where I got the idea for mine, I really liked their risers so I tried to make them the same. I just didn't have the cash up front for a whole kit.

Need some outlaws on that beast.:rant:

Yep, I know. I got the snorks but not enough traction to use 'em to their fullest.

I also got plans for a rad relocate and do the Tex78 dual rad mod.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how come ya put them so close to the bar-display pod?

i have done 6 of the brutes and just behind the end of the rack is where i go through... not to close to the bars , still can get to things around the steering stem without have to take the snorkle apart... about 3 inchs in front of where u came up is dead space

also did u make an access hole to the top of the rad cap yet?

i did mine and put in a frost plug ez seal [ one of those rubber butt plugs that swell when the bolt is tightened ]

cause if ya over heater her will be a chit show to get her full from the recover tank...

at till ya get the 2nd rad on [ then the caps on top ] ....

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Looks good boy, i woulda angled the snorks a little more, just think when ur out ridin in the rain anbd ya stop for a bevy, whats gonna stop the water from being dropped into ur snorks, just sayin.........
Just add another 45' to all three and ur set.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how come ya put them so close to the bar-display pod?

i have done 6 of the brutes and just behind the end of the rack is where i go through... not to close to the bars , still can get to things around the steering stem without have to take the snorkle apart... about 3 inchs in front of where u came up is dead space

also did u make an access hole to the top of the rad cap yet?

i did mine and put in a frost plug ez seal [ one of those rubber butt plugs that swell when the bolt is tightened ]

cause if ya over heater her will be a chit show to get her full from the recover tank...

at till ya get the 2nd rad on [ then the caps on top ] ....

Because that piece of plastic is cheap to replace if I ever goofed up on the cutting. Most aftermarket kits run up there too.

I pretty much copied the Snorkelyouratv.com kit.

And no, that would be a good idea to do that in the mean tine, even though I plan to do your mod with the dual rads.

Looks good boy, i woulda angled the snorks a little more, just think when ur out ridin in the rain anbd ya stop for a bevy, whats gonna stop the water from being dropped into ur snorks, just sayin.........

True enough, I've been debating that extra 45 for some time now. I have one kicking around and I've been playing with it to see which look I like better. I'll see how well this works then go to a 45.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great bud. I would go with the 45 so rain don't get in there other then that real fine job you did. The secound rad idea was probly the best mod I did other then the looney tuned duals.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good job , IMO i would add a 45 as well. Remember, these big bores suck a LOT of air . With the screens in there,with a constant pull in of dust and moisture the screens will plug very fast....They could be a pita to get out and clean with out letting dirt slip further down your intakes...
Have you thought about just running a 45 and cover the 2 ends with small prefilters....In the event of a dunking this can buy a little time. Also to clean it just pull the prefilter off and wash it out....
The screens look better, but the prefilter will do a lot more good....Now did you do vents /diff/crankcase/ etc .etc & Di electric grease ,judging by your pics you should...great job:beer:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you have to re map or rejet on the older ones going with a 2" air intake it might run rich i have seen guys go with a 3" air then they don't have to rejet or remap on the newer ones

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you have to re map or rejet on the older ones going with a 2" air intake it might run rich i have seen guys go with a 3" air then they don't have to rejet or remap on the newer ones

Nope, no mapping needed, works fine.

Those snorks look great, you want to redo mine to look that good?

Sure, run to Lowe's and I'll give you a list of the parts, we can meet up and throw 'em on.

Good job , IMO i would add a 45 as well. Remember, these big bores suck a LOT of air . With the screens in there,with a constant pull in of dust and moisture the screens will plug very fast....They could be a pita to get out and clean with out letting dirt slip further down your intakes...
Have you thought about just running a 45 and cover the 2 ends with small prefilters....In the event of a dunking this can buy a little time. Also to clean it just pull the prefilter off and wash it out....
The screens look better, but the prefilter will do a lot more good....Now did you do vents /diff/crankcase/ etc .etc & Di electric grease ,judging by your pics you should...great job:beer:

Thanks, the termination screens aren't like the pre-filters at all. Its just 1cm by 1cm squares to prevent rocks, grass and other stuff from getting in. I got a Polaris pre-filter left over I'm thinking of throwing on there.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you taken it wide open down the road yet to full speed? i think you might encounter some air intake issues. i know on mine i tried several different combination. just a 90 facing straight back, a full 180 facing down and a few others. let me know how yours is.

of course i only found this issue while exeding 95km/h so its not a big deal really

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have you taken it wide open down the road yet to full speed? i think you might encounter some air intake issues. i know on mine i tried several different combination. just a 90 facing straight back, a full 180 facing down and a few others. let me know how yours is.

of course i only found this issue while exeding 95km/h so its not a big deal really

Haven't tried that yet but I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom