10.25” gauge discussion

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, after 4 days of riding, I really like this gauge. Lots of different options for gauge view and the navigation works very well ONCE you figure out how it works. We had socked in days at revy and with limited knowledge of the area, that gauge helped us get around in low vis.
In order for the navigation to work properly you need to start a area exploration by pressing go on the app or on your gauge. If you don’t the navigation will not work as good and it can mess you up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Caper- can you download the REVER app, and start recording a ride and have it show up
On the guage as well? I see it noted as compatible.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper- can you download the REVER app, and start recording a ride and have it show up
On the guage as well? I see it noted as compatible.

At the moment I’m unsure how that app will link to the gauge. There is no app on the gauge like the BRP go app is already installed on the gauge.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with the G5 or the new gauge, however my buddy has a FR turbo, and last night we could not find the break in % left. Where do you guys find that? Thanks

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
comes up right when the engine starts but not sure if you can pull it up otherwise.

DUS

Reaction score
I got the big gauge. At first wasn’t sure about it and it was pretty glitchy with losing connecting between the phone and the sled and would have to stop, disconnect phone, resume and reconnect. Keeping the app updated seems to have helped this quite a bit and the gauge has come in helpful when heading home through the fog. I still run Gaia in the background.
Some of the things that bother me about screen
-Buddy tracking (as everyone has pointed out)
- When duplicating a ride it doesn’t show your previous track so you could follow it again in the future.
-Map layers could be better (Gaia, Garmin have google earth views etc.
-Input waypoints on the fly or pre input waypoints with GPS coordinates.
-it seems if you start a ride and invite friends and they exit the ride by accident there is no way to rejoin that current ride.
-I wish it would keep tracking me in the background in the phone similar to Gaia. Currently when the app is running it blacks out there screen and kind of takes over the phone. If you try doing anything else on your phone outside the app it pauses your tracking until you resume your ride. If you don’t notice that it disconnected for some reason it will screw up your track.
Right now I only find it handy to use on the same day to follow your track out since it won’t recreate rides.

Basically I think I want my Gaia app to show up in the screen. Lol

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the gauge is powered on and the sled is off. I have noticed that sometimes the breakin percentage doesn’t show up when the engine is restarted.

DUS

Reaction score
I think break in only shows up when the screen initially turns in. Top right in a blue box

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the gauge is powered on and the sled is off. I have noticed that sometimes the breakin percentage doesn’t show up when the engine is restarted.

Ok, I think we missed it when we started the sled, then this is exactly what happened. The screen was powered up and we restarted the sled. And we could not find it going through any pages on the screen. Thanks, everyone.

800tundra

Reaction score
I found the navigation/ mapping with the gauge horrible. poor topography etc.. If a person was buying it for that reason I feel they would be Very dissapointed. Also phone cord connection always messing up, tried multiple cords.I have a Garmin Montana mounted on sled for navigation. Only went this route with large gauge with hope they will eventually upgrade later with buddy tracking , better maps etc.

RINGER

Reaction score
Has there been any updates to the app to make the big screen more user friendly. I find it useless but i am also not to tech savy. any help would be great

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has there been any updates to the app to make the big screen more user friendly. I find it useless but i am also not to tech savy. any help would be great

I can help. What issues are you experiencing? The app was recently updated, and it will log you out of your account.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it super annoying that it requires your phone to not only be plugged in, but to remain unlocked with the screen on.

Developing an Android auto / Apple carplay integration would have been a better approach imo.

RINGER

Reaction score
I can help. What issues are you experiencing? The app was recently updated, and it will log you out of your account.

I havent tried this year but last year it was kicking me off if i wasnt plugged in? i struggle with the getting the whole thing working actually

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent tried this year but last year it was kicking me off if i wasnt plugged in? i struggle with the getting the whole thing working actually
Navigation requires your phone to be plugged in, and your phones screen to remain on the whole time. Depending what phone you have, there's different ways to accomplish this.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Try a new cord, I have found cords to be fussy especially if there is any moisture on the contacts.
There is a update for the gauge that puts the 2024 software in the 2023’s. I did mine two weeks ago, make sure the battery is charged up before attempting the update.
After the update the phone automatically connects to the go app were as before you needed to go into the app etc.

RINGER

Reaction score
Try a new cord, I have found cords to be fussy especially if there is any moisture on the contacts.
There is a update for the gauge that puts the 2024 software in the 2023’s. I did mine two weeks ago, make sure the battery is charged up before attempting the update.
After the update the phone automatically connects to the go app were as before you needed to go into the app etc.

does the phone always have to be plugged into the sled ? i am always unplugging and taking pics

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the phone always have to be plugged into the sled ? i am always unplugging and taking pics

If you want to use the nav yes, it was indeed a pain in the butt last year, unplug the phone, go through the steps to get the go app set back up to use the nav.
The new gauge update will make it easier, I don’t have to have the go app open now, when I plug my phone in, it automatically activates the go app, and the nav pops up on the gauge. That was one of the biggest things I noticed in the update, other than the new boost gauge and the startup screen having different graphics.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to update mine, didn’t work. Said it downloaded the file but won’t install it, has an error every time and won’t let me re download the software update. POS system that’s for sure

Last edited:
Top Bottom