located in Stettler,ab
lets move it
403-740-9535
Adrian:beer::beer:

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Heh guys
No Im staying with H&S.
Maybe just checked there webstite WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SAying they had to reomve there tunes for deleting trucks or some crap.
Oh well they still have Maxx Calibration, which is cheaper that getting EFI Live software and there are getting to be more people who are tuning with it.
Realistically unless your going to run twins, huge single, nitrous, or anything that would'nt really be required on a day to day basis, H&S can give you everything you need. With just a Mini Maxx.
Plus I can set Nannys to prevent EGt, Trans, Coolant, overheat, boost overpressure, Fuel rail drop in PSI and there is alot more.
And I still ahve the ability to monitor 4 guages at once read DTCs and clear them.
And the overdrive trans tune is awesome.

EFI Live,
I have to install guages(min $100 a piece), Monitor them at all times to ensure I don't push truck to hard(which never will happen, cause when the pedal is down Im watching the road)
Have to hook up the Uploader to check Dtcs and clear cannot change power on fly.

In my opinion EFI LIve if you have a race truck.
H&S if you have a DD/Weekend Puller.
my 2 cents

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EFI Live would be a better choice in my opinion of running tuners! You dont need a race truck to make EFI shine! thats the beauty of EFI you can get the full potential out of any truck that is supported by it! also buy the licence and tune your friends truck and make some money!!! my lmm was a 550 rwhp 981 rwtq stock trans stock turbo 13.0 quarter mile runner with just tuning and some basic mods. The beauty with the efi system is when you order it from a well know tuner you can be assured that it is gonna work! I had a 177,000 km's on my LMM chipped since 500 km's with efi and never had a check engine light or slipped the trans yet and was well under $1000. add a boost and egt gauge I was around $1000 but still cheaper than the mini maxx with MCC software and the overdrive software. And H&S discontinued there products I have XRT's in stock but they dont work with the MCC features. EFI has also developed a new on the fly adjustment. yes you gotta take a couple extra minutes to check DTC's but EFI is the superior programmer on the market. The MCC was a good choice and still is if you dont wanna delete your emmissions.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There is still a few mini-maxx's at the warehouse...... Just did a 2012 yesterday, and worked great. Efi live is good, just a little extra effort required....... Agree with jared for sure. Minimax is still simple operation......works good on my 2011 cummins with trans updated too :)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what year truck this was in and is it the ME version? Hey ric has H&S told you if they can build custom tunes for the XRT through H&S direct? Just wondering cause spring time is time for injectors,studs,rods and pistons,new dual cp3's,and a bigger turbo or twin setup but dont wanna dump that all into it and have no tuning available and have it run like a turd haha H&S hasnt given me much info but you may know?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
just wondering what year truck this was in and is it the me version? Hey ric has h&s told you if they can build custom tunes for the xrt through h&s direct? Just wondering cause spring time is time for injectors,studs,rods and pistons,new dual cp3's,and a bigger turbo or twin setup but dont wanna dump that all into it and have no tuning available and have it run like a turd haha h&s hasnt given me much info but you may know?

all in the works, buddy....... Actually h&s can be sold in canada, it's just they're out of stock because they're fighting with the u.s. Epa....... Have heard they are in production for canadian export :) ........ Lawyers are battling it out as we speak

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I stocked up on DPF delete tuners from H&S and smarty and grabbed a few egr deletes may have to get a few fabbed up americans maybe needing some hahaha. Glad there working on keeping canada out of this mess.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Just wondering what year truck this was in and is it the ME version? Hey ric has H&S told you if they can build custom tunes for the XRT through H&S direct? Just wondering cause spring time is time for injectors,studs,rods and pistons,new dual cp3's,and a bigger turbo or twin setup but dont wanna dump that all into it and have no tuning available and have it run like a turd haha H&S hasnt given me much info but you may know?

Ive never run it personally, but Iam under the immpression that you can update these to ME software. Truck was 08'

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
EFI Live would be a better choice in my opinion of running tuners! You dont need a race truck to make EFI shine! thats the beauty of EFI you can get the full potential out of any truck that is supported by it! also buy the licence and tune your friends truck and make some money!!! my lmm was a 550 rwhp 981 rwtq stock trans stock turbo 13.0 quarter mile runner with just tuning and some basic mods. The beauty with the efi system is when you order it from a well know tuner you can be assured that it is gonna work! I had a 177,000 km's on my LMM chipped since 500 km's with efi and never had a check engine light or slipped the trans yet and was well under $1000. add a boost and egt gauge I was around $1000 but still cheaper than the mini maxx with MCC software and the overdrive software. And H&S discontinued there products I have XRT's in stock but they dont work with the MCC features. EFI has also developed a new on the fly adjustment. yes you gotta take a couple extra minutes to check DTC's but EFI is the superior programmer on the market. The MCC was a good choice and still is if you dont wanna delete your emmissions.

perhaps your right it is cheaper, while getting dealer discounts...poke;):beer:

From my current point it is way to expensive to change to EFI live letm explain
H&S with overdrive-$1475ish
To sell H&S- $750 at the most
Therefore Iam : -$725 bucks right out of the gate

EFI live with 3 guages/pod- $1400
maybe sell 1 tune but probably never will: -$450? not sure here

So at the end I would be sitting around- $1700 bucks

And now correct if Iam wrong. I have abosolutly NO SAFTEY built into the programs. Therefore if Iam not paying attention ,or anybody, I lend my truck to isnt. BOOOM, $6500 tranny, or my personal fav $20000 motor job.

From my side spending a minimum of another 400 bucks to end up with a truck that has no safety built into it is just not smart business. Especially when I will probably only realize 1-2mpg better and slightly less smoke.
By the way my dyno is hills, not rollers.

Iam not trying to discred, but EFI is not the answer for most people simply because we all have this thing, its called pride. And if a 550 odd hp duramax pulls up beside Iam going to jack the chip and try to out run him all the while never looking at anything important and.... blow my truck up. With H&S I will do the same thing, but when I was rationall and byself in my backyard and set all my nannys nice and low to save my truck, they will kick in and I will be a little disheartned but not nearly as much if I were picking up pieces of motor or trans on the side of the highway.:rant:

Therefore to me EFI may get me more power, less smoke, on my STOCK sytems, but in the end they are still just that STOCK. And with no right foot saftey switch built in....to me its just a time bomb:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love dealer pricing but I love passing on the savings to customers as well!

Efi Dsp switches have key locks so you can lock a tune in place so no one can touch it except the guy with the key thats on the chevs and there working on that for dodge and hopefully working on getting the 2010-2012 models supported as well. safety parameters are built in with efi see they build them to your specs and what is done to the truck. mine was built for stock trans stock turbo and built around the mods I had done. My egt on full race tune for a 1/4 mile never came over 1350 and 25 psi. on my economy tune never seen more than 1150 and 23 psi. not sure where the big numbers are coming from on the price but you can buy the efi programmer for $700 and at max with a triple pod and autometer gauges $450 no overdrive software required cause it's built in to the programming already so $1150 compared to $1475 and hopefully thats with the pyro kit as well. The mini maxx is great I have one in my ford because of the MCC option and custom built tunes. But once you drive an EFI vehicle you will never go back to a generic tuner again. You can sell your mini max to an american for way more than $750! try more like $1000 or more cause they cant get them but id buy it from ya for $750 haha. But for Efi I never once limped a tranny or set a check engine light when i sold it at 177,000 km's it was still the same.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Gotta love dealer pricing but I love passing on the savings to customers as well!

Efi Dsp switches have key locks so you can lock a tune in place so no one can touch it except the guy with the key thats on the chevs and there working on that for dodge and hopefully working on getting the 2010-2012 models supported as well. safety parameters are built in with efi see they build them to your specs and what is done to the truck. mine was built for stock trans stock turbo and built around the mods I had done. My egt on full race tune for a 1/4 mile never came over 1350 and 25 psi. on my economy tune never seen more than 1150 and 23 psi. not sure where the big numbers are coming from on the price but you can buy the efi programmer for $700 and at max with a triple pod and autometer gauges $450 no overdrive software required cause it's built in to the programming already so $1150 compared to $1475 and hopefully thats with the pyro kit as well. The mini maxx is great I have one in my ford because of the MCC option and custom built tunes. But once you drive an EFI vehicle you will never go back to a generic tuner again. You can sell your mini max to an american for way more than $750! try more like $1000 or more cause they cant get them but id buy it from ya for $750 haha. But for Efi I never once limped a tranny or set a check engine light when i sold it at 177,000 km's it was still the same.

Interesting.
I didnt know that EFi was so cheap I had glanced at it awhile back and it was MSRP of like $850 that day, pods and guages must have come down alot too. Generally I thought it was about 80-100/guage and 100/150 for pods.
Does the EFi hand held read DTC's?

Ya the Yanks are getting screwed didnt the same thing happen to Edge a couple years back and now they can't do DPF delete stuff?

Thats super low EGT even on stock mine will hit 1300 easy while pulling a big hill, 1400 not uncommon in 70Hp setting.

Must have bigger outlet on Chev turbo?

Top Bottom