sledding pics from Elkford

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the scenery from Saturday...a new area for you folks next year...

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 77

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did i mention it was the best trip ever..... x cept the mornings...:coffee_ani::coffee_ani::coffee_ani: with all the :gathering::party2::party2: and a little bit of :ha_ha::ha_ha: it should be apparent to all that attended that i was :innocent::innocent: so once again thanks to matt and rhonda :You_Rock::You_Rock:

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more area you all missed

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 76

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did i mention it was the best trip ever..... x cept the mornings...:coffee_ani::coffee_ani::coffee_ani: with all the :gathering::party2::party2: and a little bit of :ha_ha::ha_ha: it should be apparent to all that attended that i was :innocent::innocent: so once again thanks to matt and rhonda :You_Rock::You_Rock:

that was awesoem terry... how long it take for u to figure that one out with all the smiles??? loll nice work

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the B-day, and having the opportunity. To share it with Mrs. Polcat, and everyone else there.

:d:beer::beer::d:d

Attachments

• DSCN0554.jpg
    DSCN0554.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 84

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few shots from the two days we were there...just 4 of us rode on Sat...everyone else went home :( But we had a blast anyways :d

My man, the Arborist
P3200365.jpg

Rockin' Rhonda waiting patiently for me to take the pic and go rip it up
P3200366.jpg

Our fearless leader...who is now in Haiti helping those in need
P3200367.jpg

Hey, isn't that XC over there...stuck????!!! :eek:

P3190353.jpg

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a few shots from the two days we were there...just 4 of us rode on Sat...everyone else went home :( But we had a blast anyways :d

Yes that it was...scooping out new area for next years chit show......I mean Boondockers ride.....LOL

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Written By John Kelly of the CAC

One of the fundamental principles of travel in avalanche terrain is to limit the numbers exposed to the consequences of an avalanche. Riding in avalanche terrain should be a solitary activity, thus you group up in a safe spots and then hit the slopes alone. Somehow this principle is not being followed in the sled accidents we are seeing. Over the next few weeks the CAC will be aggressively pursue messaging that targets this public safety issue. We are asking you to help.

With the current conditions as they are we can expect to see decreasing frequency of avalanches but with increasing size. This means it becomes more and more tempting to hit the slope that you have resisted because you may go quite a long time without seeing any avalanche activity. Unfortunately when a slide does occur (I did not say "if") the strong likelihood is that it will be bigger than expected. It can also occur on slopes that are less steep than usual. It is therefore critical that people respect the one-at-a-time rule for slope use - even in moderately steep terrain!

I would be expecting avalanche activity in the coming week to be on slopes about 30 to 35 degrees with a wide-open smooth character. This is not very steep.

I am interested in your thoughts on how we encourage reduced numbers of exposed people at the same time in avalanche country. If you are seeing bad habits in terms of grouping together where you are, you should consider taking action to counter the trend. Please forward this message to your members.

Best Regards,

John Kelly
Operations Manager,
Canadian Avalanche Centre
Revelstoke, BC
250 837 2141

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awe....XC we are not picking on you ...matt was just practicing for next year....LOL

Top Bottom