Sledding Kimberly

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right section! 5 of us are planning a trip to Kimberly from Jan. 11 - Jan. 16, 2011. I don't know the exact location where we will be staying but you are supposed to be able to ski and sled right from the door. One of the five owns the property we will be staying at.

Three of us have limited mountain riding experience and two will have none. We don't care much for big long climbs, but prefer to ride trees and moderate slopes. Would anyone be able to name a few riding areas that help us find what we like?

I tried a google search but only came up with a couple of tour companies and rental locations. We may be interested in a guide as well for a day or even tagging along with others if we could find someone or a group that was willing to have us.

Any information appreciated, I like to research as much as I can before I get to an area.

Thanks, Brian.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian, my name is Kelly and i am from kimberley. I am not sure if i'll be around then but give me a pm before you come and I can give you an idea where to ride and what the avy conditions are.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Areas around Kimberley are fairly hard to find if you don't know your way around. If you are looking for a great area that has easy access to alpine like areas you may want to check out Lumberton. It is the Cranbrook snowmobile club maintained area located approx 15km west of Cranbrook. There are groomed trails with great play spots and easy access sub-alpine riding.
Go to the Arctic Cat dealership in the Southwest end of Cranbrook and talk to Mark, Darren or Harvey and they'll point you in the right direction.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya try lumberton not much other good riding around cranbrook at all :d lumberton is your safest area if you wanna go into a few more higher risk areas check out wildhorse and bull river area

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right section! 5 of us are planning a trip to Kimberly from Jan. 11 - Jan. 16, 2011. I don't know the exact location where we will be staying but you are supposed to be able to ski and sled right from the door. One of the five owns the property we will be staying at.

Three of us have limited mountain riding experience and two will have none. We don't care much for big long climbs, but prefer to ride trees and moderate slopes. Would anyone be able to name a few riding areas that help us find what we like?

I tried a google search but only came up with a couple of tour companies and rental locations. We may be interested in a guide as well for a day or even tagging along with others if we could find someone or a group that was willing to have us.

Any information appreciated, I like to research as much as I can before I get to an area.

Thanks, Brian.

Shawn here from Kickass Sled Rentals out of Cranbrook.... Lots of areas to ride around Cranbrook...just really not easy to find...Guys at Allseasons know the area like no other in the area...Tons of tree riding and some open bowls as well that can be hard to find....Did I mentions TREES!!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to get from 3000 to 6800ft altitude in under an hour, on a good un-groomed easy trail, with zero avalanche hazard, and no closed areas to worry about......try Moyie Mountain about 30 minutes south of Cranbrook. Straight up the pipeline to the top for one of the best views in the valley.

Oops....I could get shot for telling you that! :d Pretend I didn't post these pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Top Bottom