sledder missing in Revy - FOUND Dec 10 - RIP Travis

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hope they find this guy and he is Ok, According to his FB page this is a picture of his sled on there.

IMG_5980.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I read on facebook under one of the "searc and rescue" threads, yesterday, that someone posted they were riding up in boulder and a single guy hooked up with their group and then left on his own... They said he had a bright green sled suit, with leaf like pattern on it. Does anyone remember seeing this thread? My facebook won't go back far enough, and this was late afternoon i read this...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read on facebook under one of the "searc and rescue" threads, yesterday, that someone posted they were riding up in boulder and a single guy hooked up with their group and then left on his own... They said he had a bright green sled suit, with leaf like pattern on it. Does anyone remember seeing this thread? My facebook won't go back far enough, and this was late afternoon i read this...
Yes that's what was said

But I thought it was a white and red 14 pro, huh don't recall the sled now

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They found his truck at the staging area, if he grouped up with someone seems odd that his truck was left behind.... unless something even worse happened to him? **** that would be a bad turn of events.

Edit: Mis read your post. Any idea what group you think you saw it in?

Hope he is found safe!

Last edited:

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
few times last year i thought about going for just a trail ride by myself out to Cataract, i decided it was a bad idea and never did it. a guy can cover a lot of ground in a short time on a sled making for a very long and cold walk out. hope this guy makes it out alive

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Is this night 4 now? What are the chances of survival? Hoping for a positive outcome. I've been refreshing the news every hour hoping for something new. My stomach is sick and I don't even know the guy.

Statistical data shows a very rapid decline in survival rate after 48hrs.... This does not mean that all hope should be lost.
Lots of survival stories with longer time frames.

Agree! makes a person sick and so many unanswered questions.

The possibilities to what has happened are endless.... Lets stay positive and pray for this mans safe return...

Thoughts go out ot the family and friends in this hard time.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sign today, Boulder and Frisby as of now will be closed again tomorrow..

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the next course of action if he isn't found in the next few days? As snow piles up it makes it impossible. Do they wait for spring. Do they hope the public riding fund him? It's not good to be saying this but it's looking more and more like what may happen. I'm assuming keeping the mountain closed is to not distract S&R but wouldn't more man power help?

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those decisions are made by higher ups, but yes not looking good...
As I posted earlier, the helicopter has two different units hanging under it, one that can detect Avy beacons and the RECCO one that can also pick up metals. More people as you can imagine would not be good, as well the Avy danger is very hi up there and the safety of the people searching is very important, another thing, under an official S&R rescue operation everyone 'searching' falls under provincial liability insurance, blah blah, needless to say it is not as simple as just making everyone searchers.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those decisions are made by higher ups, but yes not looking good...
As I posted earlier, the helicopter has two different units hanging under it, one that can detect Avy beacons and the RECCO one that can also pick up metals. More people as you can imagine would not be good, as well the Avy danger is very hi up there and the safety of the people searching is very important, another thing, under an official S&R rescue operation everyone 'searching' falls under provincial liability insurance, blah blah, needless to say it is not as simple as just making everyone searchers.

Totally makes sense. I'm not to familiar with S&R. Well it's a big area to search unfortunately. Glad they have that technology.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this night 4 now? What are the chances of survival? Hoping for a positive outcome. I've been refreshing the news every hour hoping for something new. My stomach is sick and I don't even know the guy.
100 %, totally sick to my stomach

If it was open I would have taken work off to go look the best I could, had two others that would have came along

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The receivers on that helicopter must be pretty sensitive to be able to detect beacons. How close to the ground do they have to be?

Top Bottom