sled/skiing where to go in BC

trailblazer

Reaction score
Looking for deep pow,long glades,big bowls with easy access with a sled.Where near Revy,Golden,Radium,Nelson has some great sled/skiing?

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you find out. I've rode many areas and still haven't found anything ideal. I can go on to say I don't know all the areas extremely well, but from what most see, there aren't many "great" locations.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quartz is best bet can't go wrong and u can get up to 4000 vert....bets the heli......we call um turbo T-bars haha

oldman is really good for sled ski.
gorman you need to get in to lang and going over pass if not sunny is chitty at best...

cents x2

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for deep pow,long glades,big bowls with easy access with a sled.Where near Revy,Golden,Radium,Nelson has some great sled/skiing?

all the sledding areas mentioned could be good sled sking, you will have to watch the snow and weather reports. not much new snow in thse last 7 to 10 days. in gorman lake area on dec 30, lots of skiers and snowboarders and hills not touched. ask around, locals may be able to get you there.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie might be closer and it will be less crowded and cheaper than Revy!

who ever said sleddin was cheap. Take the drive to Revy it is well worth it. Garaunteed lots of snow and safe riding conditions for the most part. Fernie will bore you out in about two hours.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha.

If anybody is looking for skiing or boarding buddies, lemme know. My sled buddy's don't do either so getting them to take me up the hill requires some effort. I don't blame them.

Either way, have a sled with two snowboard racks. Not sure if ski's will fit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
who ever said sleddin was cheap. Take the drive to Revy it is well worth it. Garaunteed lots of snow and safe riding conditions for the most part. Fernie will bore you out in about two hours.

Milton, if you don't like Fernie, leave it alone. Here's a nice set of pictures from Harvey and if this bores you, I can't help your situation. Sled skiing/boarding would be dynamite in this area.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/harvey-pass-photos-dec-28-2009-a-23795.html

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Milton, if you don't like Fernie, leave it alone. Here's a nice set of pictures from Harvey and if this bores you, I can't help your situation. Sled skiing/boarding would be dynamite in this area.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f14/harvey-pass-photos-dec-28-2009-a-23795.html

Awesome pics!! How do you get to Harvey I went through there yesterday wanted to stop at the memorial but couldn't google it's location. Going back in a couple of weeks.
PS, Milton can stay in Revy!! :p:p

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Awesome pics!! How do you get to Harvey I went through there yesterday wanted to stop at the memorial but couldn't google it's location. Going back in a couple of weeks.
PS, Milton can stay in Revy!! :p:p

If you get an FSA map, you can stage at marker 206. That is past the Morrissey staging area and continue south/east on the Lodgepole FSR. 206 is the marker for the MacLatchie corner. At the 210 marker turn right and it continues into Harvey. There is a left turn that takes you to a small play area and another right turn that will take you a cabin. You will figure it out once you are there. Harvey is the basin before the tragic accident and there are some ugly areas in there but use "terrain analysis" and you should be okay.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The harv has great sled skiing!!!!!

Would love to ride / board there someday.

Without prior knowledge and clear days to explore, I refrain from going there. Would love somebody to show me around sometime.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get an FSA map, you can stage at marker 206. That is past the Morrissey staging area and continue south/east on the Lodgepole FSR. 206 is the marker for the MacLatchie corner. At the 210 marker turn right and it continues into Harvey. There is a left turn that takes you to a small play area and another right turn that will take you a cabin. You will figure it out once you are there. Harvey is the basin before the tragic accident and there are some ugly areas in there but use "terrain analysis" and you should be okay.

OK thanks I've got it. I picked up a Kootenay Rockies BC Backroad Mapbook its an out door recreation guide best purchase I have made in a while. I will be back there next weekend thanks for your help.

Top Bottom