Sled Skiing Crow

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and sister are coming for a visit, both back country skiers, and I was hoping to haul them up to a few lines they could ski down. Can anyone give me any tips on areas to try? So far I'm thinking of trying Castle over the Middle Kooteney Pass, or maybe the bowl before the pass. And a few spots down York Creek. Any other ideas? PM me if you want, I don't ski (at least not back country, so no worry about your sweet spot being skied out all the time).

snoboy

Reaction score
Stage at ski hill and head straight down the road the goes past the resort itself, about 8km back there's a meadow on the left of the trail and a nice ridge to ski on the right. Stay on the trail, into the trees and bank right when you get past the "sidehill" section of the trail. There will likely be a couple of other sled skiers lapping it, pretty obvious when you get back there.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and sister are coming for a visit, both back country skiers, and I was hoping to haul them up to a few lines they could ski down. Can anyone give me any tips on areas to try? So far I'm thinking of trying Castle over the Middle Kooteney Pass, or maybe the bowl before the pass. And a few spots down York Creek. Any other ideas? PM me if you want, I don't ski (at least not back country, so no worry about your sweet spot being skied out all the time).

I heard Coal Creek was groomed, you should take them there.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Coal Creek was groomed, you should take them there.

That would be more entertaining for me, see how fast I can tow my brother before he throws in the towel. He's as stubborn as I am, I could likely get him up near c note.

Top Bottom