Sled deck size?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one on here who has a long box with a 8 ft deck, I don't gotta worry about running into my deck, long box dually is where it's at haha

Nope...I run the same setup. I got sick of farting around, trying to make a shortbox work....deck extensions, hitch extensions, air bags, no thanks. Now it's a 104" deck, no long load lights, no flags...just load and go.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope...I run the same setup. I got sick of farting around, trying to make a shortbox work....deck extensions, hitch extensions, air bags, no thanks. Now it's a 104" deck, no long load lights, no flags...just load and go.
Man it's the way to go im all about making loading and unloading and gearing up quick and easy

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
8' box, 9' deck, no trailer hitch extensions, no long load lights, nothing, as grubby said, load, tie and go

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one on here who has a long box with a 8 ft deck, I don't gotta worry about running into my deck, long box dually is where it's at haha
I run a dually with an 8' box and an 8' deck it's the stupid foot of beavertail that makes it a hassle.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 8 ft deck on my maga cab dodge sticking out a foot or so pulling a 28 ft v nose made it all th way from edm to revelstoke and when I went to park that's where I put the corner of the deck into the trailer lol now the deck is flush with the back of my truck

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a short box with the 7 ft deck. Can't stand having the deck overhanging the rear like with a short box and 8 ft deck. It's a constant PITA to watch your head, parking is tougher and I don't like the look of it either. Plus as already mentioned, it's harder to get access inside the box.

The hinged extensions on the decks are wicked. You have the extra length when you want it and can swing it out of the way when you don't.

It's too bad more manufacturers don't have the hinged extensions.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't be like summit tree and drive around with goggles hanging from your rear view while wearing white framed glasses!!!!! And mirrors flipped out

Hey now! Those mirrors are good for almost 50 HP when there up!! Lol. And where else is a guy supposed to hang his goggles? Hmmm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bguy05

Reaction score
I had a 8' X deck in my 05 duramax short box. I got a 2010 3500 cummins short box over the summer and now my tail gate won't close with my ramp in?? any body els have a problem with that? I now have to put the ramp just in the box not in the slides which takes up all my box space and it a pain to try and get in and out :(

Top Bottom