Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw almost the identical set up in Revelstoke this weekend. I was hoping they were just moving it from one yard to another. It was a green truck with similar tire down set up. Couldn't get a picture.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more beauties.

59d5ef2e6aee8452ce7eeaa3419203c4.jpg

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after reading this thread. I have decided to trade my 2016 F-150 in for a 2500 Ram. Not only for the purpose of hauling to sleds..... but the fact that it’s a piece of garbage. ?. It’s 22 months old and I have had several problems with it that I should NOT be having. I will be paying a lot for a long time on a used truck but it will be worth every penny to be able to haul 2 sleds and not be made fun of??‍??

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after reading this thread. I have decided to trade my 2016 F-150 in for a 2500 Ram. Not only for the purpose of hauling to sleds..... but the fact that it’s a piece of garbage. ?. It’s 22 months old and I have had several problems with it that I should NOT be having. I will be paying a lot for a long time on a used truck but it will be worth every penny to be able to haul 2 sleds and not be made fun of??‍??

I am sure the the general public would now feel much safer with you in a real truck, but I think you would be surprised at the payload of a ram 2500. The only way to keep the bus’s full of nuns and baby orphans truly safe is to get the 3500 dually with a pay load that will allow you to even throw the third sled up there while still running a slip tank under the deck as well as packing all the gear for you and your 2 buddies for the weeks stay in Revy. It is a big step to take and a lot of money spent, but think of how many life’s will be saved. Lol

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure the the general public would now feel much safer with you in a real truck, but I think you would be surprised at the payload of a ram 2500. The only way to keep the bus’s full of nuns and baby orphans truly safe is to get the 3500 dually with a pay load that will allow you to even throw the third sled up there while still running a slip tank under the deck as well as packing all the gear for you and your 2 buddies for the weeks stay in Revy. It is a big step to take and a lot of money spent, but think of how many life’s will be saved. Lol

I understand what you’re sayin but I rarely haul 2 sleds. I live in Salmon Arm and Sled in Sicamous. My sled has never been on snow in Revelstoke and can’t see that changing anytime soon. I absolutely do not need a 1 ton Dually. A 2500 Ram will be perfect. Now I need to decide gas or diesel?

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
I think A big part is how the guy drives the 1/2 ton with 2 sleds on the deck. **** I haul 1 sled on revelstoke trips an pulling the hill out of golden or pulling Rogers it’s 4 place loaded trailer Mach chicken when I’m already 10km over the posted limit.... or they start 4 semi trucks back to pass an push it to make the cut off of the passing lane an the trailer is just swaying back in fourth. I typically don’t haul 2 sleds on my truck as it’s rare but when I do I’m very cautious when road conditions are bad as I do not have the forward bite. That’s the only bad thing I find, but the truck is very stable. Knowing what I know now tho I will be buying a 3/4 ton for my next truck like I had before my 1/2.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand what you’re sayin but I rarely haul 2 sleds. I live in Salmon Arm and Sled in Sicamous. My sled has never been on snow in Revelstoke and can’t see that changing anytime soon. I absolutely do not need a 1 ton Dually. A 2500 Ram will be perfect. Now I need to decide gas or diesel?

I was hoping you would have seen my humour in my post, I own a ram 2500 diesel with a deck and have done my fair share of research. I also generally ride sicamous more than anywhere else and have no time for the Revy hype. I can say with certainty that I am always very close to, if not over the posted payload weight even when just hauling out 2 sleds and gear/av gas for the week. I know the one ton would have been the better solution, but I needed to daily this thing so I chose the comfort of the coils over the leafs. If I could pull the trigger on my ultimate truck I would sell the full lotus deck and buy a one ton dually with the diesel and with a full lotus flat deck to go on the long wheelbase chassis. For me 2 sleds is the norm and I use the deck for easy early/late season riding but do find that the deck ads a bit of work compared to hauling the 4 or 6 place. I would never put 3 on a deck as 2 is already enough work for this guy lol. At least with the trailers the wife has a potty enclosed, I can bring a spare sled or 2, a barrel of fuel is easier than jerry cans, and it is soooooo much easier to super clamp and walk away than it is to try to clamp and tarp on the deck. The choices are totally up to you as a person and the consequences of the decisions fall on you if anything goes wrong. Get yourself a 2500 and hopefully you back it with a Cummins because, well.... v8 diesels are gay lol and enjoy your ride. There will always be a next truck and you will take what you have learned from the previous ones and use it for the purchase of the next.

DeNytroguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was hoping you would have seen my humour in my post, I own a ram 2500 diesel with a deck and have done my fair share of research. I also generally ride sicamous more than anywhere else and have no time for the Revy hype. I can say with certainty that I am always very close to, if not over the posted payload weight even when just hauling out 2 sleds and gear/av gas for the week. I know the one ton would have been the better solution, but I needed to daily this thing so I chose the comfort of the coils over the leafs. If I could pull the trigger on my ultimate truck I would sell the full lotus deck and buy a one ton dually with the diesel and with a full lotus flat deck to go on the long wheelbase chassis. For me 2 sleds is the norm and I use the deck for easy early/late season riding but do find that the deck ads a bit of work compared to hauling the 4 or 6 place. I would never put 3 on a deck as 2 is already enough work for this guy lol. At least with the trailers the wife has a potty enclosed, I can bring a spare sled or 2, a barrel of fuel is easier than jerry cans, and it is soooooo much easier to super clamp and walk away than it is to try to clamp and tarp on the deck. The choices are totally up to you as a person and the consequences of the decisions fall on you if anything goes wrong. Get yourself a 2500 and hopefully you back it with a Cummins because, well.... v8 diesels are gay lol and enjoy your ride. There will always be a next truck and you will take what you have learned from the previous ones and use it for the purchase of the next.

X2 on the Cummins!

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If all your using it for is a deck and don’t plan on pulling loaded trailers through the mountians I would go gas. I had 5.7 2500 and loved it until pulling loaded trailer in the mountians. But just the deck and sleds was great. Cheaper fuel, maintenance, and overall cost. Not to mention if you run out of gas trying to stretch the trip from one place to another the Jerry can for the sled works perfect

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all your using it for is a deck and don’t plan on pulling loaded trailers through the mountians I would go gas. I had 5.7 2500 and loved it until pulling loaded trailer in the mountians. But just the deck and sleds was great. Cheaper fuel, maintenance, and overall cost. Not to mention if you run out of gas trying to stretch the trip from one place to another the Jerry can for the sled works perfect

Im looking at a 2500 with the 6.4 for these reasons.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got buddies with the 6.4 that get pretty decent millage. 13l/100 empty on the highway, both with Power Wagons & 4.10s. My 6.7 with 3.42s doesn't get much better. Although the deck, smartbox and diesel add a bit of weight.

Top Bottom