Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause he can afford it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
I am puzzled, if they are both the same price why would you buy 1/2 the truck? And then put a deck on it. If you wanna buy one to pull a trailer makes sense but same payload as an f150......

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am puzzled, if they are both the same price why would you buy 1/2 the truck? And then put a deck on it. If you wanna buy one to pull a trailer makes sense but same payload as an f150......

And that F150 makes it a Ford.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And that F150 makes it a Ford.

Sorry meant the f150 has more payload than the titian xd.

We talking trucks for decks here or fredom of choice?

Cause buy whatever the f u want. Just don't put people in danger cause your cheap.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No 1/2 ton can handle a deck period. Even if you bag it, spring it.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol I think we are in agreement.

I said why would you buy a titian xd to put a deck on it when you can get a one ton for same price and it is deck rated.

But thanks for the debate

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Nissan hasn't been a well reviewed truck in the past, with this new truck maybe they are just using the name.

I have had two Nissan Titans and far prefer them over other trucks i have owned or driven. I don't have a bad thing to say. Great ride, good power, and with the diesel power plant I may go back if the #'s are capable of what I need

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look out! here comes Treadway!

I commented on the Toyotas last winter when what's her face had a commercial on Facebook or something, maybe mountain sledder magazine, about possibly being over weight and Toyota sponsoring that and she replied and said her trucks had special medications.

Sure.

Each to their own. Honestly the guys who are going to do it are going to continue to run their trucks over weight. And the comments about the idea that one of them might kill someone's family are blown out of proportion. If someone is worried about their family on the highway they should all stay home. There are way more other hazards like commercial truck drivers who have never seen snow, yuppies driving to the ski hill in their Benz set to snow and the cruise set to bust, drinking and driving, blah blah blah.

Yes we want all sledders to be responsible both on and off the hill but where does it end? Weight limits? Tie downs and restraints? Tire ratings? What about texting and driving? Should we ask for everyone's preventative maintenance records? I hope no one has a cracked windshield, might obscure their vision.

Can you safely carry two sleds on a deck on many 1/2 ton trucks? Likely. Is it legal based on the GVW of truck? Most often not unless you have one that can carry that amount of weight. Are their also 3/4 ton trucks that are over weight with two sleds and a deck? Yes, there are diesel 2500's in some configurations have less payload than a 1500. Does it stop people from doing it? No.

If you chose to be on the legal side of vehicle weight limits, awesome! I know I like to be. Maybe we can get special designations on the forum under our names that say "do you weigh bro?" for the legal guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Here are a couple 2016 1/2 ton 4x4's with 3000lb payload. One is the Eco boost and the other is a 5.0l.
Your saying that sleds,deck ,people and gear weigh more than that ?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447560588.779064.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after 7 years and 476 posts this year its finally official? Snow and mud approved.......

Top Bottom