Sled deck on 1/2 ton?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends how many monster stickers are on it. 6" monster sticker = 600 extra pound on your payload. Don't forget about the power increase to pull that extra weight too.

Sent from my iPhone

I think a coffee can muffler and a big azz wing would help payload more then a monster sticker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think a coffee can muffler and a big azz wing would help payload more then a monster sticker!

Don't underestimate the power of a monster sticker. It's effectiveness is amplified while wear white oakleys as well.

Sent from my iPhone

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy chit , now we're arguing about the weight of a Honda civic !! Lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2 sleds on there sll the time in alberta never ever had a problem since i put the bags on dont even know tge sleds are there truthfully so so that way i see no problem but rules are rules and bc is sticky so this is why i want to make sure of these things

dude, research this, you are out there on the same roads as me and my 2 little girls. Who cares if you haven't been stopped in AB? Pretty sure you know the sleds are there once loaded, the brakes and springs on a 1/2 ton are not designed for that kind of payload.

Personally, I don't think there is a chance in hell that anyone is legal hauling 2 sleds on a 1/2 ton truck, I have a 1500 and i've been across the scale empty and there isn't enough payload for 2 sleds. Load it up and head over to a static self weigh scale, lots of them around, there is one near you in Cochrane. Check the numbers against your weights (on drivers door). I dont know where you are getting your #'s but there is no way your truck is 3,000 lbs curb weight. Here are the 2014 specs on the 1500 SLT 4X4 std box with a Hemi.
Curb weight5,391 lbs.
Front curb weight3,129 lbs.
Rear curb weight2,262 lbs.
GVWR6,800 lbs.
Front GAWR3,900 lbs.
Rear GAWR3,900 lbs.
Payload1,400 lbs.

The payload is measured without passenger, fuel or spare tire etc. The only truck close to 1800 lbs of payload is the 4X2 reg cab long box with the 3.7L motor. The payload is between 1200 and 1500 lbs for most of them, varies a little between cab and motor and box length.

Some weights you should add: 26 gal fuel tank = 200 lbs of fuel
spare tire = 75-100 lbs
Deck and ramp - probably more than 300 lbs....

so fuel, deck and 2 sleds you are at 1500 lbs.

Hope that helps, not a weasel and not a douche, you got your panties in a wad for nothing I think. This has been beat to death on this forum with so many guys trying to skirt the issue or somehow make numbers work to fit their truck and sleds.

Deck and 2 sleds on a 1/2 ton - CAN'T BE DONE.

Last edited:

devildogg

Reaction score
My god what a ridiculous thread, there are many people with 1/2 tons and sled decks that they use to carry only one sled,or quad not a problem or a hazard on the road and well within in it's limits, and assisted with real truck tires and air bags it is a decent safe ride.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out my sweet sled deck!

snowmobile-on-car-roof.jpg

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My god what a ridiculous thread, there are many people with 1/2 tons and sled decks that they use to carry only one sled,or quad not a problem or a hazard on the road and well within in it's limits, and assisted with real truck tires and air bags it is a decent safe ride.

Not talking about 1 sled.....

Top Bottom