Sled Camp Shower

Indy245

Reaction score
Any one have a sled camp shower set-up that is user friendly? We don't keep heat or power on at sled camp when we are gone and have no running water. We now have a heated building for a shower when we are there so the next step is getting a system that is easy/fast to use.

I was thinking about taking a barrel and heating up snow in it with a turkey cooker style propane burner. Then use a 110 volt immersion pump to move the heated water to the shower. That way the system can be left in place without winterizing it (The pump and shower head would need to be drained but that would be fast). The small re-circulating ones from Crappy Tire don't interest me as I would like a bit of volume.

Thoughts?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a Colman hot water station at crappytire, run on propane and battery.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the latest ones, fill the tank, fire the heat, turn on the battery pump, hot shower with 5 - 8 minutes of water

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a smart ass, but in the past I've use a pot of warm water, face cloth, and soap.. Quick and simple.
Or baby wipes.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one have a sled camp shower set-up that is user friendly? We don't keep heat or power on at sled camp when we are gone and have no running water. We now have a heated building for a shower when we are there so the next step is getting a system that is easy/fast to use.

I was thinking about taking a barrel and heating up snow in it with a turkey cooker style propane burner. Then use a 110 volt immersion pump to move the heated water to the shower. That way the system can be left in place without winterizing it (The pump and shower head would need to be drained but that would be fast). The small re-circulating ones from Crappy Tire don't interest me as I would like a bit of volume.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with a whores bath but your idea with the drum and turkey fryer will work well.
My grandfather made a shower once out on the farm for a family reunion using a drum and then suspended an electric frying pan from a stick on a rope in the water and used that to heat it and then it was gravity feed to the shower head. Worked awesome. And nobody got electrocuted. As long as the doesn't contact the side of the barrel it's good!

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just get ready to shovel lots of snow into your turkey cooker, foot of snow makes about inch water.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We use a heaters just like these for summer camp shower works awesome on demand unit never run out of hot water
use an rv pump to suck water from the creek through a homemade gravel filter
all you need is a battery 12 volt car battery,rv pump, propane bottle

You can by the heaters for around 125 bucks shipped to your door

Top Bottom