Skinz - Nytro Light Weight Seats / Exhaust and Tunnel Kits

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have been working on loading up a Nytro specific parts category onto our website. The products currently up for viewing are the Light weight seat kits, the Light weight seat/exhaust kits and the tunnel kits. For pricing please visit our website.

SPGNytroMTXTunnelKitNatural.jpg

SPGNytroSeatKitPicPartYNSEK600-BK.jpg

Beekeeper

Reaction score
How much higher are these seats over stock? What do they weight?
Do you have any vids to hear what the exhaust sounds like?

We have been working on loading up a Nytro specific parts category onto our website. The products currently up for viewing are the Light weight seat kits, the Light weight seat/exhaust kits and the tunnel kits. For pricing please visit our website.

View attachment 29457

View attachment 29458

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The seat is approx 2" higher than stock.
With the seat kit the you lose between 8-9 lbs.
With the seat kit and exhaust kit you lose between 12-13 lbs.
Skinz has videos of the silencers with sound, follow this link.

ridehard1212

Reaction score
i really like the seat.. if you could get the exhaust under the tunnel it would make for alot more storge space..(fuel plus tunnel bag) all in middleish of sled..

ridehard1212

Reaction score
also on the websight i cant find anything on seat kit... just a seat wrap which does not change wieght.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
also on the websight i cant find anything on seat kit... just a seat wrap which does not change wieght.

Depends on which site you are refering to, Skinz does not have the seat kit up on their site, but we do have it on our site.

Here's a link;

If you have problems with the link it is in the "Sled Parts" category under "Nytro Specific"

PM us if your interested as we can probably help set you up with a under tunnel exhaust system as well.

yami

Reaction score
The seat is approx 2" higher than stock.
With the seat kit the you lose between 8-9 lbs.
With the seat kit and exhaust kit you lose between 12-13 lbs.
Skinz has videos of the silencers with sound, follow this link.

8-9 lbs is a bit far fetched for the weight savings as the stock seat, heat sheild and plastic only weighs 11 lbs - 10 ozs. please post fact not fiction.:nono: nice product though.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey Yami

That is the information we got directly from Skinz, not from the rocket scientist down the street. If you want to get into a debate about weights and measures please post up the calibration certificate of the scale you used to weigh these parts yourself.

FYI I am an instrumentation technician by trade and know a few things about accurate measurements.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8-9 lbs is a bit far fetched for the weight savings as the stock seat, heat sheild and plastic only weighs 11 lbs - 10 ozs. please post fact not fiction.:nono: nice product though.

easy cheif! I know for a fact going to a Boss seat for me is a loss of close to 15 pounds!! so dont be running your mouth. 8-9 pounds is pretty average for a seat weight loss

yami

Reaction score
Hey Yami

That is the information we got directly from Skinz, not from the rocket scientist down the street. If you want to get into a debate about weights and measures please post up the calibration certificate of the scale you used to weigh these parts yourself.

FYI I am an instrumentation technician by trade and know a few things about accurate measurements.

HEY, grow up, I said it was a nice seat. FYI I am an electronics engineering tech so I think i can weigh a simple seat ("Calibration certificate", your a joke :realmad:). Just stating facts. Maybe its your scale that needs calibrating. I challenge anyone to weigh the two seats and shrouds and post weight savings. did you acually weigh these parts yourself, I did.

Maybe, you should talk to Murray at Mountain mod he also makes nytro seats he will tell you the weights savings and they aren't anywhere near what you are posting.

yami

Reaction score
easy cheif! I know for a fact going to a Boss seat for me is a loss of close to 15 pounds!! so dont be running your mouth. 8-9 pounds is pretty average for a seat weight loss

didn't mean to run my mouth but my post is correct, I to have bought boss seats with big gains. But this is not the case with the nytro (apex yes, viper yes, mountain max yes, nytro no) I don't beliieve boss makes a seat for the nytro. wonder why?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
HEY, grow up, I said it was a nice seat. FYI I am an electronics engineering tech so I think i can weigh a simple seat ("Calibration certificate", your a joke :realmad:). Just stating facts. Maybe its your scale that needs calibrating. I challenge anyone to weigh the two seats and shrouds and post weight savings. did you acually weigh these parts yourself, I did.

Maybe, you should talk to Murray at Mountain mod he also makes nytro seats he will tell you the weights savings and they aren't anywhere near what you are posting.

Perhaps a course in reading would be more appropriate because if you READ our post it says

WITH THE SEAT KIT AND EXHAUST KIT you lose 12-13 lbs. You said it was 11lbs 10 oz. You really want to get into a pissing match over 6 ounces??? :rolleyes:

BTW does Murray deal with Skinz? We DO and we are referring to Skinz products.

If you like the seat so much do you want to buy one??????

Just a question...what does an electronics engineering tech know about weights and measures? Also if you know so much you would know what a certificate of calibration is and why it is valuable. All equipment should be traceable to a primary standard if you can't do that it's just a number it doesn't mean anything in the real world.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Troemner Certificate Matrix --

NVLAP Weight Calibration Certificate
- NVLAP Weight Calibration Certificate is a detailed, multi-page weight certificate designed to meet all of your ISO (including ISO/IEC 17025), FDA, GMP, GLP, DOD, ANSI/NCSL Z540-1, and nuclear requirements. The NIST-administered National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP Lab Code 105013-0) approves all procedures for this detailed weight certificate. The measurement process follows the recommendations of NIST Handbook 145.

Traceable Weight Certificate Traceable Weight Certificate
- designed for those laboratories and companies that require traceability, but do not need to meet any stringent regulatory requirements. In contrast to NVLAP or UKAS calibration procedures, the Traceable Weight Certificate measurement process is based on a single standard and utilizes one series of comparisons.

Statement of Accuracy

- New weights and weight sets supplied without weight certificates come with Troemner's Statement of Accuracy which provides the nominal value, type of weight, material / density and weight class. Note: There is no NIST traceability supplied with this statement. The Statement of Accuracy is not suitable for quality or regulatory requirements. Troemner's Statement of Accuracy is only available with the purchase of new weights. Troemner's Brass Weights are not supplied with a Statement of Accuracy.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The Weights and Measures Regulations specify the accuracy performance requirements for measuring devices, commodities, services, and measurement standards, measuring device installation and usage requirements, and the fees and charges associated with measuring device approval and certification.

Owners and operators are legally responsible for ensuring their measuring devices measure accurately. In order to satisfy this requirement, owners and operators should make sure that their measuring devices: are approved and certified for use in Canada.
(You can determine if a measuring device is approved and certified by viewing the serial plate to obtain the Measurement Canada approval number and date of the first certification. A Measurement Canada or Measurement Canada authorized service provider certification sticker will also be affixed to the measuring device if it has been certified for use in commercial transactions.); are appropriate for their intended use.

Scales and meters are designed with different features and capabilities for measuring certain types of products, such as precious metal scales for measuring gold, vehicle scales for weighing trucks and trains, and dispensers for measuring propane;
are properly installed and protected from environmental interference;
are used in a manner that ensures accurate measurement; and
clearly indicate the amount of product weighed or measured.

The accuracy of a measuring device should be checked on a regular basis and staff using the device should be trained on its proper operation and use. In addition, a Measurement Canada inspector or a Measurement Canada authorized service provider may visit a business to test and certify the accuracy of your measuring device. If the measuring device is found to be measuring inaccurately, repairs will be needed. Depending on the measurement error identified, the defective device may be required to be taken out of service until the necessary repairs are made.

yami

Reaction score
Perhaps a course in reading would be more appropriate because if you READ our post it says

WITH THE SEAT KIT AND EXHAUST KIT you lose 12-13 lbs. You said it was 11lbs 10 oz. You really want to get into a pissing match over 6 ounces??? :rolleyes:

BTW does Murray deal with Skinz? We DO and we are referring to Skinz products.

If you like the seat so much do you want to buy one??????

Just a question...what does an electronics engineering tech know about weights and measures? Also if you know so much you would know what a certificate of calibration is and why it is valuable. All equipment should be traceable to a primary standard if you can't do that it's just a number it doesn't mean anything in the real world.

Hey mellow out, What I said was the stock seat, shroud, and heat sheild weighs 11 lbs, 10 oz, you said the seat saves 8-9 lbs. Bull$hit, that means your seat, brace and hardware weighs 2 lb 10oz to 3lb 10oz. then you cry a bunch of stuff about calibrating. GROW UP . no, I don't want one and if i did i sure wouldn't buy one from you !

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
The last two posts are intended to show that my asking for a calibration certificate for your scale or scales are not a joke. If someone wants to debate weights the best way to start is by having all the cards on the table. One needs to know what type of scale you are using and how well it has been maintained, including when it was last calibrated. The original posting we made about the weight savings was general in nature, numbers like 8 - 9 pounds are not, nor were they meant to be specific in nature. Anyway this is the end of my :rant: for now.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Hey mellow out, What I said was the stock seat, shroud, and heat sheild weighs 11 lbs, 10 oz, you said the seat saves 8-9 lbs. Bull$hit, that means your seat, brace and hardware weighs 2 lb 10oz to 3lb 10oz. then you cry a bunch of stuff about calibrating. GROW UP . no, I don't want one and if i did i sure wouldn't buy one from you !

I think you are missing the point, the stock seat, shroud and heat shield may very well weigh 11 lbs, 10 oz on your scale and most likely I could take the same stock seat, shroud and heat shield and put it on another scale and have it weigh out at 15 lbs. 2 oz and then go to another scale and have it weigh out at another number. Just because you have a scale you bought from where ever does not mean its accurate.

Quite honestly, we do not not know how Skinz came up with the numbers we posted, but see nor feel no reason to doubt what they have told us.

What I am saying is you want to come on here and call Bull$hit, then post up the make and model of scale you are using and when it was last calibrated along with the calibration certificate and we'll carry on from there. :d

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a seat that saves 8-9lbs on a Nytro :eek: That would be huge savings. I didn't put a seat on last year because I couldn't see much savings. Anybody buy one that can verify that ? if it saves that much I might have to rethink. Pic of seat ? Will it work with an MCX turbo ? Never mind the pic, I see you already posted it, duh. Would like to verify the weight savings though, I think I have a Sears bathroom scale somewhere but no calibration certifate, damn, LOL

Last edited:

TAV

Reaction score
Website
www.primels.ca
SLY we can just take it to the scales on the highway they will probably give us the most accurate reading.

Top Bottom