Skidoo xm with 3 inch track

znowman_9

Reaction score
I think the track rod thing is a gimmick. There is no way the edge of the track is flexing with a 2.5 or 3 inch paddle running perpendicular to the belting. Try to bend those lugs lengthwise. Not a chance.

That track does give a lil bit. I know the 3" will give less but Side by side comparison those tracks do flex. Not so much lug at the but the flat does and it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beatty

Reaction score
riding a 13 xm with 7 tooth drivers and 9 inch rear wheels with stock rails. witha 162 by 16..bigger wheels take away kick up on back rails and helps eliminate wheelie, limiter strap is in one hole, rode it at stock setting and came over backwards all day. i do have heavy duty springs set on max but other then that sled suspension is stock. i have broke the rear pivot arm for t motion twice once with stock track second with the 3 inch, both were 13 parts with terrible welds, now have 14 part which is different part number, so far so good. was tight getting driveshaft back in but do able, didnt grind off rivits or nothing and have had no clearance issues.

as for a 3 inch track and performance i have the old track and love it, if your a slower trail rider you wont notice much different, but if you ride it like a snow cross track your going to have to adjust your style a bit. cause it vibrates pretty good, but if your more concerned about trail riding over deep snow and hills your doing the wrong modifcation. in the snow and in the hills a 3 inch is a huge gain, no matter what people say and the internet talkers argue about it. (i started this same thread last year, and got nothing out of what i asked so i just tried it myself), its way more forgiving in the trees it floats much better, and on the hills its awesome. its not going to spin faster unless you figured something out i didnt but i like to call it the tractor it just doesnt give up, the track just keeps chewing through the snow. all in all my thoughts are it is awesome, and ill have one on everysled i own from now on. but we are all different and like different things so only way your going to find out if its for you or not is to do it.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out out with the new tmotion baker skids, drove one for a bit and it made the 174 feel easy to throw around

That track does give a lil bit. I know the 3" will give less but Side by side comparison those tracks do flex. Not so much lug at the but the flat does and it makes a difference.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390299676293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390299676293.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 233
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390299702080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390299702080.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 244

znowman_9

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I was wondering how the aftermarket world was gonna adapt to t motion and keep it in the skid. Hopefully it holds up with all that extra play.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding the tmotion baker, still like the the lighter skid and chassie over the tippy

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they work gogood if anyone is interested in a baker tmotion skid and174 rails with titanium front swing arm and magnetic blocks, and scratchers, pm me for price

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they work gogood if anyone is interested in a baker tmotion skid and174 rails with titanium front swing arm and magnetic blocks, and scratchers, pm me for price

Did you try talking him into making you a Titanium rear T-motion arm?

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sorry i just do not have the time to read through all 176 posts to try to find the answer to my question: can i put my stock 2.5 track back on with the 7 tooth drivers. or do i have to replace them with the stock drivers

i need to replace my 3 inch track its missing around 10 lugs mainly on one side. and i just dont have the cash to pay for a new 3 inch track...thanks to the alberta advantage quickly becoming a disadvantage

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sorry i just do not have the time to read through all 176 posts to try to find the answer to my question: can i put my stock 2.5 track back on with the 7 tooth drivers. or do i have to replace them with the stock drivers

i need to replace my 3 inch track its missing around 10 lugs mainly on one side. and i just dont have the cash to pay for a new 3 inch track...thanks to the alberta advantage quickly becoming a disadvantage
T3 sled???

Should be warranty, depending on what's wrong and ur dealer I guess

Top Bottom