Skidoo xm with 3 inch track

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to how you could give a any kind of review on the track in 4 days+/-. Some folks have been running them for a few years and have a pretty good idea on the out comes.
I have ran both with the 2.5 being first in the 174 and then the last three years with the 3 inch and what Frank posted is my findings also.
Just saying and don't take my post the wrong way. Cheers

Yep your point?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you read my past posts in the thread discussing the 3'' in general you'd see that I have put over 1200 k on a 3" on my last sled over the last few years. My review isn't from the last 4 days.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you read my past posts in the thread discussing the 3" in general you'd see that I have put over 1200 k on a 3" on my last sled over the last few years. My review isn't from the last 4 days.

Was your last sled a Xp?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Anyone got a used 163" XM stock track sitting around that they'd like to sell? Mine lost a strip of rubber last weekend and I don't think the bumper to bumper 3 year warranty is going to cover it.

mctrailboss

Reaction score
I have a 3" on both my sleds. 2014 163 xmx and 2013 156 Txmx. I will not buy another sled that doesn't get a 3" put on before riding. Its not that 2.5" is terrible or anything but would anyone go back to a 2"...yet when the 2" came out it was a big step forward. the same thing happened with length. when a 144 became available it was another big step for mountain riding. The 3" is that new big step for mountain riding. It is however a very specific track so if your doing some trail riding, ditch banging it may not be for you. I would not race your buddies across the lake with one. like everything it has its place.

aafc6983

Reaction score
Changed drivers rails gearing ramps and that's about it don't want to sound like a ass about the gearing but if you are a die hard rider u figure out the gearing sooner than later ps close to factory but a bit higher and a xp ramp kinda but I don't know have fun but make sure if u are pressing the new drivers on to pull the pickup sensors out cause 8 of 10 changes u will f it up a oring only holds it on

HANES347

Reaction score
i got access to a 162 3" x3 so its the new style, do you guys recommend it or no?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out with two stock etecs and another with a three inch 162 this week, we were in deep powder in the tighter trees and the three inch was a show stopper over the other stock2.5 tracks in those conditions, in less snow sleds could of Been a lot closer maybe

the three inch in deep powder sure gets a advantage getting on top of the snow, and trenching less over the stock etecs

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you guys doing for clutching on the xm with 3 inch tracks ??? I just bought a new xm and installing a 3 inch tomorrow

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would call call splitsecond and get the porting done as well, maybe some relocate brackets and fat boy springs as well, skid will be on the verge of to much

What are you guys doing for clutching on the xm with 3 inch tracks ??? I just bought a new xm and installing a 3 inch tomorrow

Top Bottom