Skidoo xm with 3 inch track

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which rivits are you guys grinding down? I can't seem to see any that would be affected?

It's a rivet that hangs lower than the cooling fins of the heat exchanger close to the drive shaft. It's in the centre of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a rivet that hangs lower than the cooling fins of the heat exchanger close to the drive shaft. It's in the centre of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guessin Those two aluminum bolt things the doo uses?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode an xm this weekend with a 162x16x3(old style) camo and it felt identical to my 163 only had way more pull right off the get go in the tress and in the deep stuff at the top of a few good hills we could find where mine would quickly trench out once we left all the tracks from others attemps. I am definately going that direction. Just my 2 cents tho!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode an xm this weekend with a 162x16x3(old style) camo and it felt identical to my 163 only had way more pull right off the get go in the tress and in the deep stuff at the top of a few good hills we could find where mine would quickly trench out once we left all the tracks from others attemps. I am definately going that direction. Just my 2 cents tho!

Another believer! Welcome lol

Thegeneral

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you go 3" you can't go back! Already have an old style camo 3 in the shop waiting!

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better than stock is a relative term lol. if were talking about starting off on an incline or in deep deep powder or travelling at slower speeds in tight areas then absolutely its better than stock. it IS going to be a little slower and not want to carve as well as the stock track but IMO thats an ok trade off for me because of the way/places I like to ride.
General did you gear up or leave it geared down abit with the small driver? I hear some guys gearing as low as 2.60 with good results?

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he have drop and roll or smaller drivers?

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Left the 19 and dropped some pin weight. I'm not sure if ill be doing that I'd like to keep the pin weight and go for a different primary spring or something. The drivers add up to about 13% reduction so iv been told so with stock gearing and clutching I figure that driver change should almost have the track change compensated. Just my thoughts tho.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if its possible to gear down more?? I don't think you'd wanna do an 18 top gear if they make it and I don't think a bigger bottom gear would fit. Haven't looked into it that much just yet tho so don't hold me to it!

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure if its possible to gear down more?? I don't think you'd wanna do an 18 top gear if they make it and I don't think a bigger bottom gear would fit. Haven't looked into it that much just yet tho so don't hold me to it!
I like lighter pins also as engine responds quicker to throttle changes. Yes stock gearing should be good also although some are going to 21 tooth. I think brp has to much weight on pins on just about all sleds.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fully loaded pins??? Not from the factory. It's only 14.5g from the factory lots of room left for more setscrews. I geared to 21/51 on my 2011, but was running clutching that worked with it. The stock gearing with the 7t bring a spare chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom