Skidoo 2017

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're facts are backwards bro. I put a 3" pitch 162x16x2.5 track on my 2005 rev summit. Was there 2.86 then? Nope!

This is aftermarket. 3" pitch was available before 2.86. Fact.

Sent from w
As did I on my '04 Rev. 3" Avid.

But stock yes it went 2.52", 2.86", 3.0".
So technically your both right.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said the 2.86 was before the 3.00 In the real world this is wrong, but if you rode stock and was uninformed about aftermarket, I see your shortfall.

Lenny is right !!! Lol
Yes , again one more time for the slow one?
2.52 then 2.86 in 2008 then 3.00 when T3 came out . Stock Ski Doo's from factory .
Fully aware of the aftermarket .

Again I am done and back on topic !!!!!!!!
Sorry to all for the side track on topic .

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snowmobile world produced a 3.00 before the 2.86.. No one said doo..plus Doo doesn't manufacture tracks ruprecht.

You and lentard make a good couple...

Open your eyes to the rest of the sledding tech world .. simpleton.

Soooooo before the bickering starts.......when is the actual press release?

Back on topic .
Better do some fact checking . The 2005 rev was 2.52 pitch stock ( Doo switched in 2008 to 2.86 pitch with 2.25 lug )and if you switched without changing drivers it wasn't no 3 inch pitch.
We are talking Doo here and not cats as they did have 3 inch pitch stock as was stated.

Well actually you can run a 3 pitch track on 2.86 drivers.:smiliestirthepot:
Just sayin!

You said the 2.86 was before the 3.00 In the real world this is wrong, but if you rode stock and was uninformed about aftermarket, I see your shortfall.

Lenny is right !!! Lol
Yes , again one more time for the slow one?
2.52 then 2.86 in 2008 then 3.00 when T3 came out . Stock Ski Doo's from factory .
Fully aware of the aftermarket .

Again I am done and back on topic !!!!!!!!
Sorry to all for the side track on topic .

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is stated in the thread. Monday.

Actually, it's the other way around. You can run 2.86 on 3.00 drivers.. otherwise you would stab windows ....

Thanks for the Monday notice CUSO. I am just gonna read the bitching till then. Maybe help a little if it stalls out.:d
In our group we have run 3 pitch on stock drivers on several sleds.....the drivers wear in. Have never broken a driver but those sleds are no longer with us. We ran them for only about 1500km.

And you are 100% correct, 3 pitch came way before 2.86. Several years.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo if doo does come out with a 180hp ish sled the flickable camp is toast. Can they get a reliable motor to 160?

Power and bigger cc can make you forget torsion springs and maybe only a 20# weight difference. Toss the torsion springs and suitcase and weight will be really close.
Hmmmm here's to good news Monday.

Cat will be next to 180.........here's to HP wars!

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the etec is dynoed by doo and others at just over 150, not the 164 that was claimed by the third party.
The supposed new engine is 15hp more than one the current engine offered.

If yah want to get fussy I do believe the 2.86 pitch was used on doos 05 or 06 440 race sled
Doo did not use the 3.00 first and this thread is about the 2017 doo, aftermarket and other brands shouldn't of been used in the debate, even tho in the "aftermarket snowmobile world" the 3.00 was offered first.

Wether the new 165" is offered in a 3.30 or 3.5" pitch or 3.00 is just my uneducated guess from studying a photo, the track windows are noticeably larger and it was mentioned in a previous post.
Doo did a drop and roll before and they can do it again to use 7th drivers.
This is a new sled that they lightened up, maybe might see the new race clutch on it ,who knows for sure until Monday night.

I have heard a comments from guy who rode it and he said he did not want to get back on his XM.

I did get the invite to ride it in the near future, and if I get to go I'll start a thread about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rulonjj

Reaction score
Actually the etec is dynoed by doo and others at just over 150, not the 164 that was claimed by the third party.
The supposed new engine is 15hp more than one the current engine offered.

If yah want to get fussy I do believe the 2.86 pitch was used on doos 05 or 06 440 race sled
Doo did not use the 3.00 first and this thread is about the 2017 doo, aftermarket and other brands shouldn't of been used in the debate, even tho in the "aftermarket snowmobile world" the 3.00 was offered first.

Wether the new 165" is offered in a 3.30 or 3.5" pitch or 3.00 is just my uneducated guess from studying a photo, the track windows are noticeably larger and it was mentioned in a previous post.
Doo did a drop and roll before and they can do it again to use 7th drivers.
This is a new sled that they lightened up, maybe might see the new race clutch on it ,who knows for sure until Monday night.

I have heard a comments from guy who rode it and he said he did not want to get back on his XM.

I did get the invite to ride it in the near future, and if I get to go I'll start a thread about it.

Dynotech has dynoed the etec over 160hp. More than once. I'll take those numbers any day.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Soooo if doo does come out with a 180hp ish sled the flickable camp is toast. Can they get a reliable motor to 160?

Power and bigger cc can make you forget torsion springs and maybe only a 20# weight difference. Toss the torsion springs and suitcase and weight will be really close.
Hmmmm here's to good news Monday.

Cat will be next to 180.........here's to HP wars!
Not likely that a 50cc increase ON PUMP GAS is going to push 180hp, and I don't care which manufacturer is building it. Current big bores (which are higher in displacement FWIW), aren't making much more then that, and they are running pipes, wild porting, head work, and in most cases, case porting as well. Try running premium 91 in one of those for a weekend and let me know how it works out for you...

• Recommends
Reactions: DRD

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not likely that a 50cc increase ON PUMP GAS is going to push 180hp, and I don't care which manufacturer is building it. Current big bores (which are higher in displacement FWIW), aren't making much more then that, and they are running pipes, wild porting, head work, and in most cases, case porting as well. Try running premium 91 in one of those for a weekend and let me know how it works out for you...

Dream killer! :PDT_kap:

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's right. The etec had 150 hp. They were 'rated' at 163. Bs. These will have an honest 165. 10% more with 6% more displacement. The sled may feel like it has 25 more if they figured out how to lose less through the clutch and drive line. I'm sure the sled will be a big improvement.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp just released a vid of the new 850 etec on FB. The HP is 165 and the new race primary being used on it.

165 is more realistic . Even though they rated the 800 etec at 163.8 which wasn't even close to that in real life.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to post that vid on here, I shared it to my FB page.

fbb8aa75d2b327e18e8ff6af6630af5f.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst thing about a new clutch and drive terrain is shortage of parts and tuning components .

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worst thing about a new clutch and drive terrain is shortage of parts and tuning components .

Agreed, there was not much selection for springs and such in the race book for it when I looked.
But hey I heard stock clutching was the best?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But hey I heard stock clutching was the best?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So 95% +\- think . Lol

Copex9

Reaction score
Dynotech has dynoed the etec over 160hp. More than once. I'll take those numbers any day.
So the claimed 163.8 is pretty accurate. The claimed 165 is probably spot on. Im sure they detuned it to "add horsepower" next year. Could be 180 on a 3rd party dyno

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of you need to get your facts strait.. Maybe a valid membership to a proven test facility would help..here is a stock 16 etec that was the same identical numbers as a 15.. Will delete in a few hrs Jim..please dont quote this postAs for comparison the new poo was 155, and cat 161.. It don't get better than that

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^
Really ??
Give Ralph a call as you should have his digits.
Real world ## not marketing .

Top Bottom