skidoo 2016

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
What? You don't believe a guy got his 174 T3 for $12,000 otd?

Sent from my iPhone

I think it's no secret... People like to feel they got a great price... People like to tell others about their "good deal" and brag about it a bit...it gives people a good feeling spending that kind of bucks to be re-assured they got a good bargain...natural. But throwing prices around all the time does more harm than good! Someone will put up a price.... And it's plus freight and pdi.... Plus GST.... And somebody else will put up a price out the door.... And WHO reading the second guys price... Is going to give wherever he got it from the time of day? I wouldn't! It's as bad for the consumer as it is bad for the supplier. There is no standard to the prices that get blasted around and that is the problem.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's no secret... People like to feel they got a great price... People like to tell others about their "good deal" and brag about it a bit...it gives people a good feeling spending that kind of bucks to be re-assured they got a good bargain...natural. But throwing prices around all the time does more harm than good! Someone will put up a price.... And it's plus freight and pdi.... Plus GST.... And somebody else will put up a price out the door.... And WHO reading the second guys price... Is going to give wherever he got it from the time of day? I wouldn't! It's as bad for the consumer as it is bad for the supplier. There is no standard to the prices that get blasted around is the big problem.

................and of course, keeping those numbers unpublished makes your job easier

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he wanted an easier job he would just say he is going to give everyone the same price on the sled and it's the best price available no matter what and he would guarantee it.

Haha

Yeah I know. Not going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
................and of course, keeping those numbers unpublished makes your job easier

Stop being a jerk man. I never said that. I'm not worried about other dealers pricing as I'm confident in what we have to offer time and time again. I don't expect my job to be easy. All I said was pricing can not really be a LIE.. Just different stages of a deal! Some are advertised prices "before freight and pdi and gst) and some are after tax and on the truck. My job.. As well as any other salespersons job is to show the consumer value in what they are buying and figure out what they are looking for and what they need.. Which includes MANY things.. yes including price! Which is why it's just as important to me or anybody else trying to find someone the machine they like... That the information they are getting is accurate.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
For 2016 sleds will MMS be offering a shock upgrade package again?

The raptors worked really well.. Lots of positive feedback! I know the guys I have been talking to that bought in 14 or 15 are going to carry over thier shocks. I won't really know what is going on until the powers that be get back from the release! We have some exciting things in the works though!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop being a jerk man. I never said that. I'm not worried about other dealers pricing as I'm confident in what we have to offer time and time again. I don't expect my job to be easy. All I said was pricing can not really be a LIE.. Just different stages of a deal! Some are advertised prices "before freight and pdi and gst) and some are after tax and on the truck. My job.. As well as any other salespersons job is to show the consumer value in what they are buying and figure out what they are looking for and what they need.. Which includes MANY things.. yes including price! Which is why it's just as important to me or anybody else trying to find someone the machine they like... That the information they are getting is accurate.

Wow ? Did you copy and paste Lenny's dressing down he gave you a few months ago about being a salesman? Good job man. Your catching on? Cheers

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Wow ? Did you copy and paste Lenny's dressing down he gave you a few months ago about being a salesman? Good job man. Your catching on? Cheers

No man. Like I said before... Trying to judge somebody off the internet is kind of hard.. No voice tone or anything. But yea... If I didn't listen to what anybody said I wouldn't be very good at my job would I? Lol

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The real question is, will that 800 2stroke be a ctec?
And the answer is... Who cares? The 800 Cat is reliable, makes good power, and realistically doesn't burn much more fuel then the other 2 manufacturers. It also responds well to modifications - something I always do, mainly because I don't know how to leave a sled stock. It doesn't much matter what you ride if you have a great dealer (shameless plug here for T&T Powersports) - 90% of the people riding the current iron (myself included) can't ride these machines to their capability. I recall mountain riding in the early 90's was simply trying to get up to the alpine - lots of shoveling, sweating, and sometimes swearing involved. We are all spoiled by today's offerings.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Before anyone says anything... The picture shows KYB 40s because it was easier for the designers to photoshop some summit decals onto the freeride than it was to photoshop a whole new sled. See footboards.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before anyone says anything... The picture shows KYB 40s because it was easier for the designers to photoshop some summit decals onto the freeride than it was to photoshop a whole new sled. See footboards.

Well that is very disappointing...lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The color will be more of a fuchsia bright red than a lava red like the freeride. So that picture isn't 100% accurate.

Top Bottom