skidoo 2016

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The problem with your arguement is that you are getting logic involved and questioning the greatness of the almighty T3. Not cool Matt.

It was a good point. I was just saying you can't really compare the two stock is all! The axys will give the 2.5 sp a run for its money? Absolutley! It will more than likely lay a licking on it. But when you are going to the races you always bring your best horse in the stable! We can compare the 163's all day... But I do hope they bring a 174 out! Good competition is what keep the manufacturers pushing the bar

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so can I put as much money into my t3 as Neill put into that axys and then we will try it on the hill?

I think thats the point that caper was making. Neil has similar sleds with similar amounts of money into them, and it sounds like the axys is superior with a 2.5 track? Yes there would be the additional cost of putting the track on, but thats about it, and in the big scheme of things not a whole lot of extra dough when you look at the whole build. Be interesting to see how the axys compares with a 3" track.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99% of people here would take one look at those chutes Neil is climbing and chit their pants. Its 90% rider. Buy what ever sled makes you happy cause you probably
won't be climbing the 90 regardless....

The New Axis looks like a hell of a sled, The T3 is a great sled too.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of it matters. The new Yamaha MTX has a heated seat!

Everything else is a fail in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't arctic cat come out with that on the 2012 m1100 turbos?

It's good that manufactures keep refining and tweaking their product. We all win in the end. Ride what fits you best and has great dealer support. I'll be keeping my 2015 T3 for another couple of seasons

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't arctic cat come out with that on the 2012 m1100 turbos?

It's good that manufactures keep refining and tweaking their product. We all win in the end. Ride what fits you best and has great dealer support. I'll be keeping my 2015 T3 for another couple of seasons

No idea, it was a highlight that popped up in my junk emails.

honestly I haven't looked at a Cat or Yamaha options and specs in years so they could have unicorn horns and tinker bell dust and I wouldn't know.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like doo is not the only mauf to offer a 3" this year.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like doo is not the only mauf to offer a 3" this year.

They weren't last year, either. Cat had an exchange program to install the 3"x 162" Power Claw. Doo will be the only to offer a 174 this year though, unless Polaris releases one March 1. Pretty sure you can change colors on the Yamaha release, and you'll have a 2016 Cat - only difference is Cat will offer an 800 2S.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
They cant just call them red buddy. They have a few different colors of red lol.

This one is "lava red", and then if you come over here we have "fire engine red" and then if you go over to that corner we have "Charddonay"........... sheeesh!

Manta Green........ why not just "holy **** thats a bright shade of green"?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
The new summit X color will be LAVA RED AND MANTA GREEN like the freeride.. but will have a matte black hood and black rails.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if Doo is king of the hill and the best mountain sled ever because it has a 174x3 track offered by oem based upon comments by Doo faithful members of this forum,

What would happen should Polaris or cat offer the same track? Or is Doo still the best because they were the first to offer it as oem?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So if Doo is king of the hill and the best mountain sled ever because it has a 174x3 track offered by oem based upon comments by Doo faithful members of this forum,

What would happen should Polaris or cat offer the same track? Or is Doo still the best because they were the first to offer it as oem?

Not a chance! I hope they do! In my opinion if it was only one brand that kept trying new stuff and pushing the bar (not saying thats brp) and nobody else was doing that as well.. WHY would they keep going? Without competetion... and a different brand making a BETTER product... They would't have any reason for more innovation or improvements the next year.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new colors have a old chassis a instantaneous facelift. Lol

Top Bottom