Skid plate video

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a skid plate video? Dealer told me to remove pipe. Is it necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driftbuster

Reaction score
Necessary to put the washers on the back end of rivets, not hard at all to remove pipe, mechanics wire wrapped around a screwdriver makes it pretty easy.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Necessary to put the washers on the back end of rivets, not hard at all to remove pipe, mechanics wire wrapped around a screwdriver makes it pretty easy.

Suitcase have to come out?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suitcase have to come out?

Yes the suitcase comes out, if you have long needle nose pliers the pipe can stay in - but ya put all of the backer washers in or else the skid plate will come off when the rivets pull out.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes take the hood, muffle,r and pipe off and it is all easy peasy
Nice little 30-40 minute job if you enjoy that kind of stuff

Good also to clean off the pipe and muffler area from the oil residue

Take all the foam off as well even the black foam overtop of the motor and underside of the hood

Throw it all in the garbage

Ride and enjoy

Birdie

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the skid plate installed. Hardest part was the exhaust springs. One question... pipe is touching the foam on the right side of the belly. I tried to spin it so that it isnt touching but no luck. I would think the pipe will be quite hot and shouldnt be touching..right? Only thing I can think of doing is removing the darn springs and starting over or removing the foam as suggested previously. On a side note, I may have to add an aftermarket can to my wish list. Was surprised at how heavy the stock one is!!

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
It is fine. I removed my exhaust and there is a little mark but there will be no harm.

Top Bottom