Silvermines pic

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pics from Silvermines this past Sunday. We haven't had too many sunny days this year so had to take advantage of it, which explains why I don't have many pics. The trail in was pretty beat up with 1 ft washboards the entire 30 km ride in, but was well worth it once we got in there. Avalanche activity must have been extreme during the week as there was slides down just about every chute on the way in.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 438
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 432
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 870

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nice Pics........

:eek: hey extremegriz....... Awesome pics and wow on the avalanches..... I notice in the bottom pic, someone rolled a sled(marks in the snow).... What happened there???:confused:

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has an 07 800 summit with a 144 and was trying to highmark and waited too long to turn out and got stuck. He is kind of new at mountain riding and we neglected to mention that it isn't a good idea to roll your sled when there is only 1ft of powder and on a steep slope. Sled rolled at least 20 times. No damage done and it didn't slow him down one bit.:Snowmobile1: Seeing all the avalanche results was unreal!!! There were trees about 1ft in diameter just shredded. Makes a guy more cautious

GRD

Reaction score
Where is the staging area for Silvermines? I have never heard of it before.

Pics from Silvermines this past Sunday. We haven't had too many sunny days this year so had to take advantage of it, which explains why I don't have many pics. The trail in was pretty beat up with 1 ft washboards the entire 30 km ride in, but was well worth it once we got in there. Avalanche activity must have been extreme during the week as there was slides down just about every chute on the way in.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At km 17, on the road to Silentpass, the road turns to the left. Follow that road to km25. Thats where we unloaded. The ride in from there is about 28-30 km.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
extremegriz

That was a fun trip up until my sled broke, then my truck the next day. Those are good pics, your just missing a nosrx1...lol. hope to see you in revy on the 13th. Kent and I finnally got my truck up to nisku on tuesday at around noon, that was fun in its self!!!:(

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say bigger area than Silent. It seems to go on forever. Just keep climbing bowls and dropping into others. We played around in at least 4 different bowls and could have kept going had the clouds not moved in. I have the area marked on google earth but don't know how to share that info.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Nos did you get your truck fixed yet or know the exact problem

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
NosRX1, sounds like a rough trip. What happended to the sled and the truck?
That was a fun trip up until my sled broke, then my truck the next day. Those are good pics, your just missing a nosrx1...lol. hope to see you in revy on the 13th. Kent and I finnally got my truck up to nisku on tuesday at around noon, that was fun in its self!!!:(

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its time to buy a lotto ticket!!

I broke a back axle wheel(only run with 2), so had to limp it out slow ride back to the truck. Extremegriz it is my transmission that pilled up, tore the transfer case out yesterday it looks fine, but the trany is locked up tight to the point is stalls out the engine!!....The good news is that it was new in November and still has warranty....Oh yeah, when we pulled out the transfer case the mounting nuts were only hand tight and the whole case had about an inch of play!!! So where the work was done they must be using lefthanded wrenches!:mad:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Sled wheels are a part of life, however the tranny issue really sucks....but it happens. Hope everything goes well with the warranty.
I broke a back axle wheel(only run with 2), so had to limp it out slow ride back to the truck. Extremegriz it is my transmission that pilled up, tore the transfer case out yesterday it looks fine, but the trany is locked up tight to the point is stalls out the engine!!....The good news is that it was new in November and still has warranty....Oh yeah, when we pulled out the transfer case the mounting nuts were only hand tight and the whole case had about an inch of play!!! So where the work was done they must be using lefthanded wrenches!:mad:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Nosrx1

WHAT KINDA TRUCK WAS THAT, AND WHAT YEAR???:confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
thats an awfully expensive paperweight there NosRX1..... but you know, if you can't Dodge it, Ram it....... with a forklift that is, or maybe a tank..... think the military would loan you a tank to blow your truck up with?

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
I am assuming that the entrance to silvermines is the same as Vermont Creek?? If I am wrong please correct me.

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea about vermont creek but I do know there are abandoned silvermines on the way in. Maybe someone else can chime in.

snodawg

Reaction score
Great pics of the area. You have to love the view up there. Will have to ride Silent Pass this year when I get out there. Thanks for the pics....

Top Bottom