Silent Pass

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent on the weekend, Sat was blue bird and great spring riding. Did lots of exploring and found many new play spots.
The main trail was in decent shape going in Sat and even better coming out Sun pm. The trail through the trees to the lakes is BRUTALLY rough.

Ski toured a bunch as well above Mcmurdo, so much terrain up there a person could spend a week and never hit the same line!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode silent on the weekend, Sat was blue bird and great spring riding. Did lots of exploring and found many new play spots.
The main trail was in decent shape going in Sat and even better coming out Sun pm. The trail through the trees to the lakes is BRUTALLY rough.

Ski toured a bunch as well above Mcmurdo, so much terrain up there a person could spend a week and never hit the same line!

That must have been your group we came up on at Mcmurdo around noon on Sunday. I brought the girlfriend in there for the first time and she wanted to see the cabin. We stopped and had lunch at the cabin then carried on up to Silent.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up last Saturday too :) grrreat day! Should still be pretty decent for Spring up there. Been pretty warm this week, but there's also been some precip. Could be still freezing at night at elevation...close anyways. Trail was holding up good, but most likely lost some of it this week, shouldn't be too much dirt showing yet though. Road was good too IMO.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must have been your group we came up on at Mcmurdo around noon on Sunday. I brought the girlfriend in there for the first time and she wanted to see the cabin. We stopped and had lunch at the cabin then carried on up to Silent.

Yup, left the wives to clean up!lol, did you have problems with a sled? saw one on the side of the trail when we were coming out.

springer

Reaction score
Thinking of heading to Radium this weekend, does anyone have a suggestion on an area to scope out. Always had great luck with Radium sledding areas. Maybe Silver mines.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, left the wives to clean up!lol, did you have problems with a sled? saw one on the side of the trail when we were coming out.

Yeah the brake reservoir leaked all the brake fluid out between McMurdo and that point so we left it there and doubled up top. I didn't really want to attempt the waterfall with no brakes!

JBaggs1

Reaction score
Hi, me and a few buddies are makin a mile out to Silent Pass this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the snow conditions r like out there. Avalanche risk high, trail sucks? anything would be helpful.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was into Silent on the 13th of May. Snow was epic. Left phone in truck of course - no pics! Trail in from km 43 ( the bridge across river) was surprisingly smooth.

You can drive all the way to km 40 with a trailer (the turnaround). It is Old Something Road. Couple of more days melt and you will likely be able to get all the way to the km 43 trail with a truck and deck. At km 33 it looks like the road is snowed in. There were a couple of trucks parked there yesterday. You should easily be able to get through there now - at the end of the day yesterday it melted down to gravel.

Snow up top should be good to weekend. Trail has at least 18 inch base all the way up. Creek is running beside the single track trail up to the Waterfall

---
I am here:
We never said it was easy, just that it looked cool.

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a couple pics Greg. It was a good day!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337055793.473075.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337055831.483186.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337055844.635912.jpg

geordiep

Reaction score
Rode Silent Pass May 19 & 20. Unloaded just past McMurdo Bridge (47Km). Still lots of snow up top. Over 12 ft in the back bowl.

We camped at Loon lake (24KM) over the weekend. Nice site and perfect weather.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the earliest anyone has rode silent?

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Silent second or third week of Nov last year. Was the best day i ever rode there, we got to park way back at like km 40 or something like that. Cut the trail in half at least

Rideordie

Reaction score
We were thinking of going tommorow but after reading this thread thinking maybe not a good idea yet... Maybe try quartz. Forgot about the creek before the waterfall.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were thinking of going tommorow but after reading this thread thinking maybe not a good idea yet... Maybe try quartz. Forgot about the creek before the waterfall.

you should try it and let me know how it was.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why dont you come out? Not sure how breaking in will be. Curious about the creek to. Fack. Long drive for nothing.

Would love to but tomorrow is no good. On call this week. Happy to help next week

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime I want to know what conditions are like at Silent I look at the rogers pass webcam.

Storms that come in from the west hit rogers pass and silent in somewhat of the same snow fall. Silent will get more precip from the south as well so using panorama snow report you can get a better feeling for snow fall.

I don't bother until mid Dec when grooming is active, logging is slowed down and the ground is frozen as that road can have some bad soft spots in it.

Have they done anything with the staging area parking?

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom