Silbers 850 turbo kit could be the answer..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with Cory a few hrs back Dave can’t seam to get tune removed from ecm he says

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how old the notice is from silber? my flash is from october when installed, maybe ill call the dealer and see. Sled ran awesome so not sure what the problem might be

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how old the notice is from silber? my flash is from october when installed, maybe ill call the dealer and see. Sled ran awesome so not sure what the problem might be
I had mine reflashed back in October as well. Thats the latest one that I know. I asked cory at the time what it addressed. he did mention a lean spot in one of the tables. Didn't elaborate any further and may not have anything to do with Fred's situation. Also would like to know if it was just an issue with just 2018 sleds. Mine 2019.

Justin and cory isn't the easiest to get a hold of that's for sure. Left several messages and emails and not one reply. jeff brines on the other hand have easy to get a hold of.

Customer service goes along way...just say'n!

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Venom
is yours still running strong?
i have 300k on mine so far with shr clutching at 5#. Seems to run great, sound is a little ruff cruzing up the trail till around 6000rpm then seems normal. But I’m wondering if it’s because I have a mesh hood and I can just hear all the different noises most probably wouldn’t. Have a small bog off the bottom if I don’t bring it to engagement before going wot. Shr have me a few things to try when I head out next week. Or it’s just a turbo problem, I can get around it easily though

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why Dave can’t get it out? Not really sure if he’s trying very hard, little pissed that it was not ready for this weekend, not a great way to start a marriage

Cory said he called him to help out, Dave says no one called, like kids screaming

Sounds like they were out today so in Revy, but ****ty vis and deep, not a good google day once again there, maybe a good thing I never went down

Off to Corbin in am..

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Silber is locking them now so guys with buds can't look at their mapping?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but Cory says at anyone with valid budds program from brp can easily remove it..

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sound like a bunch of misinformation floating around.... simply hook buds up to this sled and do a rave calibration.... magic silber program gone.... some sleds love the turbos and some not so much

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reflash is for the 2018 and back sleds.... better mapping supposedly.... I sold my 18 to a buddy who is still rat baggin it and never did the updated flash yet...I have told him to get it done....I know 5 psi to 7 psi boost was a huge performance increase.... cheers

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Venom
is yours still running strong?
i have 300k on mine so far with shr clutching at 5#. Seems to run great, sound is a little ruff cruzing up the trail till around 6000rpm then seems normal. But I’m wondering if it’s because I have a mesh hood and I can just hear all the different noises most probably wouldn’t. Have a small bog off the bottom if I don’t bring it to engagement before going wot. Shr have me a few things to try when I head out next week. Or it’s just a turbo problem, I can get around it easily though
Haven't been out yet this year but headed to sicamous on Sunday for 5 days. I had a slight bog/stutter last season but only at very slow speed at a constant throttle. I did find a cracked reed so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. We'll c shortly I guess.
Mine runs like garbage at low elevation, seems to b anything under 4000ft. I'm not really concerned about it though. Clutched for high elevation never never ride at anything less than 5000, other than the trail ride up. There is that one sweet spot going up the trail that the sled just seems to come alive and run the best. I gotta stop one day and check the elevation, guessing 4500 5500.
Its gonna b cold trip though. -20 -18 -15 first 3 days of riding. Burrrrrr

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been out yet this year but headed to sicamous on Sunday for 5 days. I had a slight bog/stutter last season but only at very slow speed at a constant throttle. I did find a cracked reed so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. We'll c shortly I guess.
Mine runs like garbage at low elevation, seems to b anything under 4000ft. I'm not really concerned about it though. Clutched for high elevation never never ride at anything less than 5000, other than the trail ride up. There is that one sweet spot going up the trail that the sled just seems to come alive and run the best. I gotta stop one day and check the elevation, guessing 4500 5500.
Its gonna b cold trip though. -20 -18 -15 first 3 days of riding. Burrrrrr

Ever done any long pulls with yours, what boost you running?

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever done any long pulls with yours, what boost you running?
I ran 5 lbs last season. Tried 7 very briefly but was over revving. Running a p85 clutch and didnt have heavy enough adj clutch weights for 7. Got new weights this year so we'll c how 7 is.

Really didnt have any deep stuff to hold it wide open for extended times on last years trips. Maybe 30 seconds max. Did lots of tree riding to find any good snow.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No nothing done

Spend the bit of money on the grip and rip alignment and torque stop, makes a world of difference, have seen first hand the amount of belt dust and heat without it, we were seeing 14c-18c cooler belt temps after the alignment... and that's in NA application...

Last edited:
Top Bottom