Silbers 850 turbo kit could be the answer..

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and would it be the 2nd engine in that sled? he had bad luck on a new one a few years back no?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was awesome, but the crowd all wants to know, what was he running for boost, what does he run for fuel, and how many top ends has he done. Just askin.
8lbs normally
50race/50shell vpower
No top ends that I am aware of.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had the sibler out before Christmas in revy, three days of deep tree riding in poor vis and stock 7 lb spring that came with sled, stock trail can sled runs very quiet and needed some fine tuning to get rpm locked on 8000.. ran very well and never heard a fuel hiccup, stock air intakes ran very good in the over-hood deep snow and made sled enjoyable with such a smooth power curve to easily learn for any rider, compliments all around

Cory at sibler called myself Friday night, and i discussed how well and impressed it ran, even stated that if it stands up in a clear day, long pull this was going to be a real deal killer kit, his reply was then we better get her done..

rode with Dave at Redline on Saturday/Sunday and he mentioned that he had tried that same boost on stock850 injectors and seen a/f well above what it should be and warned damage will happen on long pulls at lower elevations like revy and good air..

Sunday morning clear skies and warm weather i used the sibler kit and on first decent longer pull pto piston seized to wall, if it would of stayed together i would of been wot at least another minute longer to make the pull i wanted too.. it was evident quick that this tune was lean by a lot

called Cory on way home and let him know the findings, he was a little speechless and said there testing shows only 80 percent pulse width being used on there testing at 7 lbs, i would keep him in loop after tear down

had redline take motor apart and they said they feel 100 percent that its a lean condition like they have seen in the past with sibler kits after tore-down. also mentioned concerns with the sibler air box giving uneven flow and causing a leaner condition to pto side

sent Cory and Justin pictures of carnage and being Christmas and new years was waiting for a reply soon, but still to date nothing.. dont think they were really suprized or shocked to here the results, video makes it pretty self serflanitory

was out with two other sibler kits the last few days in Montana and with poor snow we never get much a chance to keep it held open, but they ran great and have over 1000km on them each, using race fuel as a 80/20 mix, one at 7 lbs

conclusion is i think sibler kit could work at 5 lbs in revy, but a a/f and boost gauge should be added, maybe use race gas as specific gravity is heavier than av gas to keep a/f a bit lower, i do think the airbox should be flow tested to equal cylinder pressures... revy has always been know for making big power and big loads from heavy snow pack, testing should always be done there, where it pushes parts beyond

my two cents

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Av gas is cheap... motors and turboes are not... always better to run the best fuels on the market.... that suck man.... I ran 116 fuse ignitor and 91 premium 50/50 at 7 psi silber turbo with no problems 6000 ft elevation

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run av gas on the impulse kit now with over 2500 boosted miles and no problems, aero kit with 1000 miles strong as well, might of got a few more seconds out of it before seizure with race, but dont think it would of made the cure

1200$$ a barrel of c-12 or 1.70liter of av gas at airport..on board fuel tank make it easy for av

happy for the guys that had success with the sibler kits, might set up a 3 inch-154 with it, be a fun tree sled for sure

running the temp gun on the p drive primary the few days out with it, they sure make more heat than tra race does on the other sleds, could cook eggs on them i pretty sure, race tra you could put hand hold for a bit

threw the hint to redline about changing to bigger injectors and bench testing and altering airbox on silber, but got the feeling quickly that they would rather sell just there own kits over altering others like they have done in past with aero/tss/boost-it.. i do see there point and they always seam to be on the hill testing there stuff and making it better..

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Fred, did you do anything alignment or torque stop wise from grip and rip to help get PDrive temps under control?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the only one Fred.

e2745cb92103cda25728985196c08392.jpg
86d64283f2560a12c3a8efb9c3794f0c.jpg

Top Bottom