Sicamous

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home today, stayed in Sicamous and had to drive to Revy each day, there is no snow around Sicamous and not much in the forcastnext 2 weeks. Sorry for the bad news.

beatty

Reaction score
here now talked to club president was thinking checking out blue but from the sounds there is no snow... im looking way way to the alpine to see snow covered trees. actually heard rumors of guys still quading to the cabins. cant confirm but rode frisby today and was great gunna head back there tomorrow.
i;ll keep it posted if i hear of anything tomorrow or decided to join the prez on his tour up.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledded Owls yesterday. Or should I say we tried to. Need snow badly> picture from main trail into trees and cabin

Attachments

• various 595.jpg
    various 595.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 158
  • various 599.jpg
    various 599.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 146

Ash1855

Reaction score
Any news on snow conditions? I've heard that Sicamous has been getting lots in the last couple days is this true? Pics would be great!!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any news on snow conditions? I've heard that Sicamous has been getting lots in the last couple days is this true? Pics would be great!!

I think someome's been pulling your leg, just checked Silverstar snow report and it hasn't changed, no new and only 39cm base 12"

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
On Saturday Dec 13/08 - I went out to Queest to test the Nytro Turbo with Serge a friend of Dave from Powderlights. There was no tracks yet up the trail or to the cabin. The snow was quite fluffy and coming over your hood at times. There was alot of new snow with not too much of a base. I met up with a few guys and we played behind the cabin, up the hill right at the cabin and that backside and valley. There was some area's in there when I got off my sled I was up to my chest.:eek: There was only about 15 people in that day so it didn't get tracked too bad. The trail up was excellent.
On Sunday Dec 14/08 - I went back to Queest with a bunch of locals as my buddies were in Golden and decided to header home, the weather in Sicamous was about -12 so it was OK. The snow had settled quite a bit and was a little wind blown up top but you can have a blast in the area's where the wind didn't blow. In the trees you would sink down above your waste. This is a perfect base now and it will be set up for the season. The trail back down was in great shape. Thanks for all that let me join them that day.
I would also like to say thanks to Dave at Powderlights for getting my sled running well and inviting me into there house for the weekend.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On Saturday Dec 13/08 - I went out to Queest to test the Nytro Turbo with Serge a friend of Dave from Powderlights. There was no tracks yet up the trail or to the cabin. The snow was quite fluffy and coming over your hood at times. There was alot of new snow with not too much of a base. I met up with a few guys and we played behind the cabin, up the hill right at the cabin and that backside and valley. There was some area's in there when I got off my sled I was up to my chest.:eek: There was only about 15 people in that day so it didn't get tracked too bad. The trail up was excellent.
On Sunday Dec 14/08 - I went back to Queest with a bunch of locals as my buddies were in Golden and decided to header home, the weather in Sicamous was about -12 so it was OK. The snow had settled quite a bit and was a little wind blown up top but you can have a blast in the area's where the wind didn't blow. In the trees you would sink down above your waste. This is a perfect base now and it will be set up for the season. The trail back down was in great shape. Thanks for all that let me join them that day.
I would also like to say thanks to Dave at Powderlights for getting my sled running well and inviting me into there house for the weekend.

so hows the sled running??? do ya like it or what??????

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take any pics Ron? would like to see pic of the cabin, deck must still be a long way off the snow eh. Thanks for the report.:beer:

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Blue Lake last Friday Dec.12 with Rene From Eagle Valley Lodge. We were in what had to be 2-3 feet of fresh powder. Not much of a base but it was nice to be back in the shuswap. Excellent weekend with minimum damage. I'll be back for my Christmas ride for sure.
For those of you that want to stay at Rene's lodge phone ahead and book your room as he had the lodge full last weekend.
I highly reccommend this lodge that caters mainly for sledders.
Rene's new Nitro sure is a hot machine now I think I want one.

Cheers,
Dave

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Did you happen to get any photos of Mr. St.Onge's new ride?
I went to Blue Lake last Friday Dec.12 with Rene From Eagle Valley Lodge. We were in what had to be 2-3 feet of fresh powder. Not much of a base but it was nice to be back in the shuswap. Excellent weekend with minimum damage. I'll be back for my Christmas ride for sure.
For those of you that want to stay at Rene's lodge phone ahead and book your room as he had the lodge full last weekend.
I highly reccommend this lodge that caters mainly for sledders.
Rene's new Nitro sure is a hot machine now I think I want one.

Cheers,
Dave

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.

That's funny Ron. I was at the Quest cabin Sunday also.... even talked to you about your sled for a min. Didn't connect you with the sled until now! lol Ya, the snow was pretty good. It was really deep in the sheltered areas. Was a good day.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to get any photos of Mr. St.Onge's new ride?

I am sorry I didn,t take my camera that day it was snowing most of the day no light at all.Gotta say though it goes real good.He did say he missed the power of his Apex but I think once he gets a few mapping issues sorted he will love his Nitro.He is also waiting for his m-10 for it with a 16" wide track. Its a sleeper looks stock with no light weight parts as I don't think light weight and Rene's riding style go together. He rides hard. Its an amazing sled for an amazing guy. We have to stop at the lodge next weekend to pick up snow pulse so I will make sure to get pictures than.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I've known Rene for many years, we ride a lot with his brother Ray. If you haven't seen them together your missing out on a ton of fun (Competitive).

Looking forward to the photos of his new ride.
I am sorry I didn,t take my camera that day it was snowing most of the day no light at all.Gotta say though it goes real good.He did say he missed the power of his Apex but I think once he gets a few mapping issues sorted he will love his Nitro.He is also waiting for his m-10 for it. Its an amazing for an amazing guy. We have to stop at the lodge next weekend to pick up snow pulse so I will make sure to get pictures than.

Cheers,
Dave

Top Bottom