Show your support to the CAC!!!

vic

Reaction score
:surrender:Show your support to the CAC for all they do!!!

It's easy to do through Zac's Trac's.

follow this link:

vic

Reaction score
Come on Sledders!!!!

The CAC is a site everyone uses to make informed decisions.

I made a $100 donation last night & I challenge all of you to meet it.

It is easy to do, you can use your credit card.

I read somewhere that only $1,000 has been raised.. surely we can do better than that.

The money raised will fund snowmobile specific avalanche initiatives and awareness campaigns.

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good idea.. thanks for the heads up i wasnt aware they had anything going on as such over there

mt.sledder

Reaction score
Amazing how so many people run their mouths or in the case around here their keyboards with comments and suggestions till we get sick of reading them all, yet are to cheap to open their wallets. Are you people afraid the moths will all fly out????? Don't be so cheap. Support the people that are doing their best to provide us with the info we need to play safe.......

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on Sledders!!!!

The CAC is a site everyone uses to make informed decisions.

I made a $100 donation last night & I challenge all of you to meet it.

It is easy to do, you can use your credit card.

I read somewhere that only $1,000 has been raised.. surely we can do better than that.

The money raised will fund snowmobile specific avalanche initiatives and awareness campaigns.

I see a lot of comments on the candle thread and how sledders are (or not) contributing to the CAC, but I donate through the avy companies (Zacs) and I donate on a personal level as well. I think the #'s are bigger than we think. There is no where on the CAC membership application form to designate what type of backcountry user you are so its not entirely possible to get true figures IMO. I would hope that sledders are a big contribution, if not - GET OFF YOUR A$$ES PEOPLE!!!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT...I bought some MANLY candles...good for the RV. Lets keep things rollin'. We CAN afford it gang.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
7 guys now, up to $350...looking for at leas $1000

I just made a 250.00 corporate contribution and I challenge all other small business owners and snowmobile associations to do the same. Buck up people as the CAC needs to see our support as they help all of us with up to date info and risk assessment.

Please do it now!

*NEW* Credit Cards for Cash Donations - please follow this link for other options.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We will post the numbers from the Candle Sales 1 week after closing, as we have to allow for all the forms to be shipped in.

Numbers are not staggering but have picked up recently. Lets all do our part and support this initiative.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group just made a donation. Come on guys. lets step it up some. Its for the survival of our sport. RIP all of our fallen brothers.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Bump to the top for a good cause.

See Challenge above!

Gascan, I'll meet your challenge. The old saying "the cheque is in the mail" is true today.

I am a retired old fart that runs a construction business in the summer months to pay for my winter habits. Annually, I purchase something for Xmas presents from the CAC store and reallize that that is not enough!

Anyone else meet the challenge? $250 to the CAC......:thumbsup2:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the last week and a half has been a challenge. I'm pleased to inform you that my family has raised as of today over $2,000.00. Which is around 115 candle sets. I'm trying to hit the $3,000.00 mark by Friday. If any corporate people or small business want to make a donation please PM me. This is for ONE GREAT CAUSE.

Last edited:

vic

Reaction score
;)Little bump to the top for a good cause. Times running out. Anyone notice the avalanche.ca library Feb-March great avalanche pic's

Mantis

Reaction score
Just made a couple calls this morning to the Castlegar Snowmobile Association executive and they totally agree to help support this by contributing $500 to the CAC (or CAF - not sure who gets the money but all goes to the same end) Having said that, they would also like to send out the challenge to others to help support the CAC....we all know how important this is. There, the glove has been thrown...

Cheers

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just made a 250.00 corporate contribution and I challenge all other small business owners and snowmobile associations to do the same. Buck up people as the CAC needs to see our support as they help all of us with up to date info and risk assessment.

Please do it now!

*NEW* Credit Cards for Cash Donations - please follow this link for other options.

Done! I"ll meet that challenge GasCan! Any other Businesses interested in this worthy cause! Thanks CAC!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Just made a couple calls this morning to the Castlegar Snowmobile Association executive and they totally agree to help support this by contributing $500 to the CAC (or CAF - not sure who gets the money but all goes to the same end) Having said that, they would also like to send out the challenge to others to help support the CAC....we all know how important this is. There, the glove has been thrown...

Cheers

Good on you for getting your club involved, and for challenging the other clubs to step up as well. Also nice to see the other individuals who have also stepped up to show their support for the CAC with their donations. Hope to see more people getting behind this when they read it.

Zacs

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
Thanks for keeping this thread moving.

I would like to acknowledge these companies that supported the fundraiser Candles to Remember
  • SnowAndMud.com
  • Alberta Snowmobile Association
  • Zac's Tracs
  • Avalanche Safety Solutions
  • St Paul Power Merchants

The fundraiser may have wrapped up the orders for candle sets, however the online system will be open to accept cash donations year-round.

Please pass around this link.

Through various fundraisers Zac's Tracs has collected $3405 from snowmobilers on behalf of the Canadian Avalanche Centre. (Mar28/10)
This is over and above the funds collected by Sherry Waldroff, the CAC and the CAF directly.

Thanks to GasCan for his challenge to companies to meet or beat his contribution of $250!

Follow this link to acknowledge the private and corporate contributors and while you're there be sure to make your own donation.

Don't forget to push your elected officials to reconsider their government's level of commitment!

Last edited:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to add a couple of more companies that supported the fundraiser Candles to Remember:

T & T Power Sports Ltd.
Sturgeon Auto Body
Absolute Power & Performance

In total my family raised $2,646.00. Thank you all for the support.

Thanks for keeping this thread moving.

I would like to acknowledge these companies that supported the fundraiser Candles to Remember
  • SnowAndMud.com
  • Alberta Snowmobile Association
  • Zac's Tracs
  • Avalanche Safety Solutions
  • St Paul Power Merchants

The fundraiser may have wrapped up the orders for candle sets, however the online system will be open to accept cash donations year-round.

Top Bottom