shout out to klim canada!!!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim canada 403-758-6600
That's a good call but if you have an issue with Motorfist they are so into sledding they're on our forum..... Pretty hardcore dedication I'd say, you don't see klim guys cruising the forum giving average joes like us props on builds, answering issues with their gear, or having a true interest in the sport, pretty well why I'm so sold on Motorfist, warranty kills it, they are active on the forum, and are truly dedicated to the sport, not to mention its better gear and cheaper than klim, like I said before, klim makes good gear but how can you not go Motorfist when you see what they're all about? JMO but really? Atleast klim backed this guy, it's a rarity from my experience with them

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a good call but if you have an issue with Motorfist they are so into sledding they're on our forum..... Pretty hardcore dedication I'd say, you don't see klim guys cruising the forum giving average joes like us props on builds, answering issues with their gear, or having a true interest in the sport, pretty well why I'm so sold on Motorfist, warranty kills it, they are active on the forum, and are truly dedicated to the sport, not to mention its better gear and cheaper than klim, like I said before, klim makes good gear but how can you not go Motorfist when you see what they're all about? JMO but really? Atleast klim backed this guy, it's a rarity from my experience with them
A lot of sledders aren't on this site ,that doesn't mean i dont ride with them.or they arent into sledding!!!do they make leather suits like they had in the 80's i always wanted one of those suits when i was like 12 yrs old!!!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new pair of gloves on warranty this spring...3 yrs old sent them in and 10 days later had a new pair. 2 other guys in our riding group just sent their 6 yr old pants in as they were starting to get wet by the end of the day and Klim replaced both no questions asked. Deal with Klim canada directly and you shouldn't have a problem.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new pair of gloves on warranty this spring...3 yrs old sent them in and 10 days later had a new pair. 2 other guys in our riding group just sent their 6 yr old pants in as they were starting to get wet by the end of the day and Klim replaced both no questions asked. Deal with Klim canada directly and you shouldn't have a problem.
Like I said the gear is good, for the price you shouldn't have to beg klim Canada for support though, I'm not bashing your precious gear, I ran klim before Motorfist was available in my area, warranty and customer service is key in all my purchases, this is the never ending battle like doo vs cat, we both will say ours is better but in our heads we both know poo beats both;)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of sledders aren't on this site ,that doesn't mean i dont ride with them.or they arent into sledding!!!do they make leather suits like they had in the 80's i always wanted one of those suits when i was like 12 yrs old!!!

My buddy had a leather Choko sledding jacket, man was I jealous of him. But when it got wet I think it was heavier then the sled! Lol

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dad had one of those leather snow suits pants and jacket i wanted to fit in it so bad ... but that thing was heavy when dry

My buddy had a leather Choko sledding jacket, man was I jealous of him. But when it got wet I think it was heavier then the sled! Lol

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just sent them an email on my gloves .. let's see if they will pull through

my togwotees didn't even last half a season .. would get so wet and waterlogged they would freeze while I was taking a break and I would have rigid hands.. would have to thaw out on the pipe in order to keep riding. Pretty much had to thaw them EVERY ride .. sure enough i burnt a hole in them once (the leather was fine on the pipe, but the non leather fabric burns fast)

was pretty close to throwing in the garbage and moving onto another brand .. let's see if their warranty pulls through, even though I put a hole in one.

I did buy myself a set of arcteryx gloves (the $300 ones) for $170 on sale .. couldn't resist. the klim's will be my backup set (if their warranty dept pulls through) .. otherwise the garbage it is!

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
just sent them an email on my gloves .. let's see if they will pull through

my togwotees didn't even last half a season .. would get so wet and waterlogged they would freeze while I was taking a break and I would have rigid hands.. would have to thaw out on the pipe in order to keep riding. Pretty much had to thaw them EVERY ride .. sure enough i burnt a hole in them once (the leather was fine on the pipe, but the non leather fabric burns fast)

was pretty close to throwing in the garbage and moving onto another brand .. let's see if their warranty pulls through, even though I put a hole in one.

I did buy myself a set of arcteryx gloves (the $300 ones) for $170 on sale .. couldn't resist. the klim's will be my backup set (if their warranty dept pulls through) .. otherwise the garbage it is!

Let us know how those Arcteryx work Payam. I've seen them on SteepandCheap for really good prices and I was wondering.......

taszy

Reaction score
I have just joined this forum due to this conversation and I am very curious as to how you guys made out with the warranty issues with Klim.
I have some issues of my own that I wish to deal with, so wonderring whether or not its worth my time and enegy to give Klim a call.
Thanks.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
emailed klim 3 weeks ago. still waiting for a reply.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just joined this forum due to this conversation and I am very curious as to how you guys made out with the warranty issues with Klim.
I have some issues of my own that I wish to deal with, so wonderring whether or not its worth my time and enegy to give Klim a call.
Thanks.

Just went through a warranty claim on my hubby's Togwotee bibs. Went out on our first ride in November and it was pouring rain, got back to our trailer and he found he was soaking wet right through his pants. I phoned Klim Canada (DCI Sales in Magrath, Alberta) and they directed me to Outdoor Approach in Calgary. They told me to send the pants to them for a leak test. I did that, waited for about a week to find out what they had found, turns out that the DWR (Durable Water Layer) was gone in the pants, and they ended up treating them with a repellency spray for $30. If there had been any troubles at all with the seams, etc, they would have sent me a brand new pair. Turns out you are supposed to wash your Klim gear periodically in a washer and put it in the dryer. The heat from the dryer will actually reactivate the DWR layer on your gear! Something I did NOT know, and the store where I bought the gear from should have told me this, but didn't. Long story short, I am happy with Klim's warranty. I was even told by Outdoor Approach that if our Klim boots fail to keep our feet dry that there is a warranty on them as well!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went through a warranty claim on my hubby's Togwotee bibs. Went out on our first ride in November and it was pouring rain, got back to our trailer and he found he was soaking wet right through his pants. I phoned Klim Canada (DCI Sales in Magrath, Alberta) and they directed me to Outdoor Approach in Calgary. They told me to send the pants to them for a leak test. I did that, waited for about a week to find out what they had found, turns out that the DWR (Durable Water Layer) was gone in the pants, and they ended up treating them with a repellency spray for $30. If there had been any troubles at all with the seams, etc, they would have sent me a brand new pair. Turns out you are supposed to wash your Klim gear periodically in a washer and put it in the dryer. The heat from the dryer will actually reactivate the DWR layer on your gear! Something I did NOT know, and the store where I bought the gear from should have told me this, but didn't. Long story short, I am happy with Klim's warranty. I was even told by Outdoor Approach that if our Klim boots fail to keep our feet dry that there is a warranty on them as well!

Thats good to know about the washing/drying. The store I work at sells Klim and I had never heard that before. Chances are your dealer never knew that either.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause Poo took them over

well if thats the case. im sure the warranty will probably be something cheezie like an old plastic bread bag to insert to stop my hands from getting wet. lol

Top Bottom